Tara is the name

I shot up from my bed panting with sweat trailing down my forehead.

"why must I always run in my dreams" I huffed before hearing a droning growl.

I turned my head to see soot at the edge of my bed. looking into my dark red eyes with his bright yellow ones.

his black fur shined off the lights and his tail wagged.

soot is my pet yes he is a wolf though I could never tell the land lady that. as far as she knows he's a black lab German shepherd mix of some kind. I looked over to my alarm clock and hopped out of the bed to get dressed.

I threw on a long mid knee length lavender long sleeve dress with light grey leggings and purple flats.

"bye soot" I hollered exiting my quaint yellow house with flowers growing along the sides and shaded by the tall beautiful orange tree in the front yard.

I dragged my bike off the side of the house were it was leaning and I started to pedal freely. my French braided jet black hair flew back in the wind

I drove up to a cutesy little baker shop and gently placed my bike in the bike rack before walking in through the door a bell rang signaling my entrance.

"good morning Tara"
a small woman said from behind the counter her cheek had pink frosting smudged across. it her light brown hair was tied back in a bun. her brown eyes were calm and sweet much like the cupcake she was frosting very sloppily at the moment.

"hello Clem" I replied taking my apron off a hook

"any new business" I asked truly uninterested I was sure there wasn't after all we were just a small pastry shop called short and sweet.

don't get me wrong we get lots of customers but not as many as we need.

"if we don't get sells up we may not be able to stay open for much longer" Clem said a tear trailing down her cheek

I didn't look at her I just replied with "we'll live" and her expression changed to a even sadder one

I ignored it and began to frost a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting.

"Tara I" ... Clem started to say but the ring of the door opening interrupted her and immediately she started beaming the customer a smile

"how may we help you sir" she asked "mm smells great in here" he replied glancing over all the cupcakes and scone cakes and many other delectable pastries.

"I would like that sweet looking red velvet cupcake that even sweeter looking girl is making"

i rolled my eyes un amused "yes sir coming right up sir" I said with a forced smile and placed the cupcake gently in a box.

"anything else" I asked "no just the one" i handed him the box over the counter.

"that will be seventy five cents" I said and he slid me the money

before he left Clem yelled out "have a good day sir" and I sighed rolling my eyes