". . . Why wait to take me down then?" Viktoria slurs.

"It seems you've been active if we had to put a word to it," Fury dodges the question. "How's Portugal? I hear it's amazing in its spring season."

"You're going off track here, Nicholas. Now don't act like you haven't sat in your office memorizing whatever bullshit you have in my file. We're practically the best of buddies with how much you know about me, safe to say I know a lot about you too." Viktoria drones tapping her fingers against the metal table.

"See you're wrong there, Hamamoto, You don't know me. I don't kill people for money, I don't blend into civilian communities acting as if I've never seen a person's life drain from their body, I wasn't born into a mafia where I was practically sold off by my father, I wasn't trained in gun control instead of playing hopscotch with kids, l do not see the beauty in death and violence." Nick's tone gets louder through his speech as he raises from his chair and gets closer to her. From the distance he's at she can make out the fine lines in his face.

A grim chuckle crawls up her throat as Viktoria laughs in the man's face. She leans closer and bites her lip, ". . .But where's the fun in that?" She smiles. "Does it depress you, Director? To live a life without fun? Without anyone or anything to fuel you with excitement? Every day being the same, knowing how truly desperate you are?" She tilts her head to the side. "Does it make you feel responsible for everyone behind that glass, at the Triskelion, the little carriers you have flying around?" Viktoria raises her injured brow.

Fury unfazed responds, "Y'know everyone behind that glass believes I should put a bullet in your head and save the rest of us the trouble. That you're too dangerous to be left living. That you're a waste of time, but something in me said no," He shakes his head. "I think many things about you Viktoria, you're either going to prove me right or wrong. I believe right now you're playing games."

"I'm glad you all think so highly of me, my condolences to you," Viktoria claps her hands together in applause. "I think I'm done playing games with you. I wanna play games with your apprentice now." Viktoria huffs and leans back in her chair. Fury looks at her with a hint of confusion. "Oh, apologies, the one who did this," She points at her eyebrow. "To me."

"I don't think that's—"

"Don't make me repeat myself." Viktoria hisses her expression turning dark. Fury huffs and looks at the glass. He sweeps the file into his hands and exits the room leaving the whine of the metal and slam of the door echoing across the room. Viktoria sits and waits for the woman of the hour, with pursed lips she sits bored. "Next I'm getting my hands on you, красный red. I know you're there." With an irritating buzz, the door whines open and reveals Maria Hill standing strong, eyes threaded with determination. Her strong nature makes Viktoria grin, wanting to shatter her confidence. She steps in and walks in front of the table and glares down at Viktoria. "Ready to dance with the devil?"

Maria dismisses her taunt. "If you tell us what we want to hear, then we may go easy on you."

"And why should I believe you?" Viktoria asks her fingers rhythmically tapping on the metal.

"Why shouldn't you?" Maria fires back.

"'Cause I've got nothing left to lose," Viktoria nonchalantly shrugs. "Nothing can hurt me anymore."

"Look, you asked for me, what do you want?"

"I wanted to see what you'd do. And you didn't disappoint." Viktoria leans in and gives her a small smile. Maria raises a fist and slams it down onto Viktoria's hand. She looks down at the impact and back up at Maria with a raised brow. "I've been hit with a lot worse for you to try and hurt me, sweetheart. Maybe bring back in your captain for a fair fight."