ʚɞ˚chapter 26˚ʚɞ

You're welcome ;)
AND NO IT'S NOT SMUT-

-unedited-

FINN'S POV

I ended up wearing a hoodie from Adam's closet, along with his smallest pair of sweatpants that happened to fit me almost perfectly. From Nathan's closet, I took a random watch I found and some white sunglasses. Honestly, I took them just to annoy him, but he didn't seem very annoyed.

He picked up the cake box and took it to the car with me following right behind me. I ended up holding it while he drove us to the hospital. It was a gloomy day in Texas, which I actually didn't mind. I liked the cold weather.

When we reached the hospital, Nathan parked the car and ended up walking into the hospital with me, making me confused.

"I thought you were just dropping me off?" I wondered aloud.

"Lena's sleeping. I don't think spending a few minutes with Drake will be harmful or anything," he nonchalantly replied. I shrugged.

We walked to Drake's room in silence, and then knocked on the door before entering. Drake was propped up on pillows, his foot elevated while he watched TV from the hanging TV in the corner. He turned to us when we entered, eyes lighting up in the dark room.

"Why's it so dark here?" I complained.

"It's not that dark! The TV gives off light, too." Drake rolled his eyes. "Did you get me food? Please tell me you did. I'm tired of eating this trash." He groaned.

"Um, cake?" I help the box up.

"Cake?" He sounded confused. "Did you buy it? What kind of cake is it?"

"It's chocolate cake. Adam and I made it."

Nathan opened the blinds, letting the sunlight come in. Immediately Drake covered his eyes. "No! Bad! Close them!" That caused Nathan to roll his eyes, but he closed the blinds nevertheless.

"Aren't the nurses supposed to open them every morning?" I asked him, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Uh, yes? I dunno. I asked the nurse to leave it closed and she did, so I don't know."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"How are you feeling?" Nathan spoke up, walking over to the bed Drake was on. I stood by the door, awkwardly holding onto the box of cake.

"Sore, but fine. I just want to get out of here as soon as possible." Drake yawned.

Nathan leaned closer into Drake, keeping intense eye-contact between the two. "I miss you," he mumbled so quietly I almost couldn't hear.

Drake shifted in his seat and put his hands out. "Give me a hug—but don't squeeze too tight please, my ribs fucking kill me." That caused Nathan to chuckle, but the two shared a little hug nonetheless.

"Where's Adam?" Drake asked, looking at us with a bit of longing in his eyes. "He didn't come, did he?" he asked, disappointment threaded with his words.

"Finn wouldn't let him leave work," Nathan muttered. "He did want to come and see you though. The cake was his idea. He woke up early to make it, which says a lot since you know Adam values his sleep."

Drake, still looking sad, nodded and a small smile graced his lips. "I guess so." He shrugged.

"I...Um, I also have work and I have to drop Lena at her parent's house. I should probably get going," Nathan announced. "I'll visit tomorrow if I have some free time. I promise."