✨CHAPTER 24✨

Começar do início

Moon was nowhere to be seen in the sky, maybe because it was veiled in the murky darkness. Rolling and tossing grey clouds approached, who were continuously jostling amongst each other causing random loud thunder clanging with sudden flashes of light in between. Shivery bone - chilling gale was howling all around, as if it was checking angrily whether all the doors and windows were closed or not. Trees on the street were swaying, as if dancing, perhaps trying to calm down the howling wind.

Soon the acoustic buzz of dispersing small light raindrops over various surfaces started reaching Manjiri's ears.... Strong gusts of wind were disturbing her hair constantly, and she was absolutely loving the feel of wind through her hair. The rain pounded down relentlessly, blowing sideways from the strength of the wind.
Rain always bring an inexplicable ecstasy, it inadvertently lifts up the mood... And why not, after all rain is synonymous to happiness. Especially when you sense the first few cool drops of drizzling rain on your face, that feeling is incomparable....
Truly incredible!

"Are you planning to soak in the rain?"

Hearing Shaurya's voice she turned around. At then she found him busy looking at his phone, and much to her discontent he did not even raised his head as he asked this. Rolling her eyes on his nonchalant behaviour, she chose to ignore his question and again turned to face the whisking wind.

After a few seconds she sensed Shaurya's presence right behind her, but surprisingly instead of getting alarmed... this time a dim smile made it's way on her lips unconsciously. A short while later suddenly she felt his fingers raking through her hair and gathering them all together in his fist tenderly.... She immediately turned and faced him with a questioning look,

"What???
They were again and again getting inside my eyes... also they were slapping my face and neck."

Manjiri slightly widened her eyes in disbelief at his totally queerish and offbeat clarification.
Tying up her hair into a disorganized sloppy bun, she looked away in indignation.

"If you're done frowning then get inside and close the door....
Otherwise when the rain will turn heavy, water will come inside the room and make it muddy."

With this Shaurya got back to the room.
After performing an eye - roll on his fussy and cleanliness freak temperament, she too got inside the room and locked the balcony's door gingerly.

Manjiri wrapped her comforter around herself and laid lazily on the bed as she watched Shaurya gazing his laptop's screen while being seated at his desk. Cursing him in her heart she closed her eyes to sleep, no longer planning to care about him.

_

It was unknown at after how many minutes Shaurya finally finished his work and decided to sleep. After rechecking the latch of the balcony's door, he made his way towards the bed careful with his footsteps..... probably because he didn't want to wake Manjiri up from her sleep.

But on the contrary, Manjiri couldn't sleep. Therefore Shaurya's extra carefulness was completely useless at that moment. After switching off the lights, he lay down beside her and sighed softly. To which she slightly opened her eyes and peeked in his direction.

"Manjiri!"

Whispering her name softly he turned towards her direction.

"I've fallen asleep....
Hence I'm not listening to you."

Hearing her silly reply filled with unspeakable annoyance and displeasure towards him, Shaurya shook his head in utter amusement. He really enjoys her absolutely riled and super infuriated temper, as at least it was far better than her blankness and muted self.