2. SELF-IMAGE

The only person in this entire world that you can truly rely on without being judged is yourself, some people say. But then you also remember you can't trust yourself as well.

"Excuse me?" Jayce furrowed.

"For a new student, you have a lot of guts in you," he scoffed, "I don't even know your name,"

"Names don't define people," she replied.

Ashton lied against the tree bark, "Keep the video to yourself," he smirked, "Might miss me one day," he tipped her chin towards him and he winked.

She spitted on his face that he flinched and backed away.

Jaxon and Eric both clicked their tongue and pursed their lips in laughter.

"You really are the first girl to do this to me," he wiped off her saliva from his face.

"I'll find a way to destroy you,"

"You're so confident about that, are you? I don't even know you, you don't even know me," he furrowed.

"There are three types of academically smart students: the one who is forced, the one who forces themselves and the one who doesn't give a damn," she explained, "Which are you?"

"Since when does someone open up themselves to a stranger?" Ashton replied.

"If that someone is drunk or crazy, then it would do the trick, right?" Jayce queried.

"You're being a moodwrecker for the second time," he said immediately, "Go or stay," he opens up his jacket, "The choice is all yours," he was about to open his shirt to jump off the cliff when Jayce looked away and began walking out of their way.

On her way, she lifted up a sly smile, "You're predictable, Ashton Walker. With all your answers, you do give a damn about your grades, which means you're either being forced or is forcing yourself," she muttered in conclusion, "All I need to do is shake your mentality until you break, and that will do the entire trick," she curled up a lip and smirked in silence.

~~~

"She's getting on my freaking nerves," Ashton says before he dives in with the two boys.

The evening was getting colder, and it was one of the things the three boys liked.

"She, a new student, twisted the Ashton Walker's arm and spitted on the Ashton Walker's face," Jaxon let out a laugh from his nose, "I'll say she's pretty awesome,"

Ashton furrowed his brows and curled his lip, "No one will take first place from me," he jumped off the cliff and into the waters that glistened.

In Syville, everything was fine. It was the town with the least criminal records, at least that's what they say.

The cold waters washed over Ashton as his two other friends joined in. His life was anything but sweet, and it all comes under conditions.

~~~

"Where did you go?" Amber scowled as she met her sister in the lounge.

"Somewhere," Jayce replied, smiling, "Making new friends is a thing I need to do,"

"Hungry?" Amber asked.

Jayce shook her head.

"Please tell me you're not going to the library," Amber groaned.

"I'm not going to the library," she grinned, "I'm going to the book storage," she turned around and walked away.

"Hold on," Amber thought for a while, "That's the exact same thing, right?" she asked.