1. SELF-ISH

Sometimes, when the wind blows, she would think about the kites that fly in the sky way up high, or how it helped the windmill keep turning round and round, endlessly. She would think how it would help seeds disperse across the land and how it helped the boats at sea to sail, she would think how such a simple thing would help the entire world in many ways. But in her life, there was no wind, there was nothing keeping her up high and there nothing pushing her boat to sail. There was just a hurricane, a typhoon, that kept her down.

"And we have to move out like the day after tomorrow?"

Family dinners weren't always peaceful in their household, if there was a family dinner, they would either talk about a bittersweet thing or a sudden news that would stagger their hearts away.

"I've been moved to the town's department, I can't do anything about that," Dave said. He was casual, normal Dave. Dave Brooks, the detective who's won tens of awards.

"I couldn't care less, the only reason you would assemble us for a family dinner with a bunch of junk food, is to tell us news we wouldn't want to hear," Amber said. She was the younger twin, a few minutes born after Jayce, the older twin.

"She has a point," Jayce said.

Three brunettes, two with hazel eyes, one with green eyes. Dave and Amber shared the same eye color, Jayce got it from her mother. At least, she was her mother.

"I wouldn't care," Amber stood up, a pizza slice in her hand, "I'll just have to leave my friends and my memories here, but that would be easy, right, dad?" she sneered sarcastically, "They're just people," she turned around and walked upstairs to her room.

"What's the name of the town?" Jayce asked, stuffing mac and cheese into her mouth.

"Syville, it's up North,"

"And school?" she asked.

"All you ever think about is school, isn't it?" Dave asked.

"In this world, it's impossible for people with low grades to get their dream jobs, and coincidentally, mine is to become a doctor," Jayce said emotionlessly, "Is the school there good?"

"It's not in the top 100 list of schools," Dave said.

Jayce put down her spoon, "You're kidding?"

Dave shook his head.

Jayce's tone increased, "All my life, I've been studying hard to get into med-school, to be successful, to save lives and not ruin them, to be completely different from my-"

"Jayce!" Dave yelled, preventing her from saying any more, "That's enough. It's the top boarding school in all lists," he said finally.

"Boarding school?" she asked, "That's a tight space to study,"

"Tight space which also means a better sense of focus and independence," he explained, "You will be alright,"

Jayce smiled thinly, "Thanks dad,"

Dave nodded, "Welcome, now ask your sister to start packing up stuff, we need to at least pack 50% by tomorrow,"

Jayce nodded and stood up, walking up to the second floor and knocking on her twin sister's room.

Amber opened the door with a scowling face, "I wanna go to mom in Italy," she said immediately.

"And you and I both know you can't do that," Jayce said, "Pack up your stuff,"

"Please, you're not going to be sad at all?" Amber asked, "We're leaving the town we've been living in for our past life,"

Jayce pursed her lips, "I suggest you pack your stuff now-"