06 | ᴍᴏᴏɴʟɪɢʜᴛ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ

Start from the beginning

Luna chuckled, "Don't think so highly of yourself now~ Besides, I myself also had some trouble sleeping! So I decided to go outside for a night-filling scent to ease up my mind before facing those titans again tomorrow." She leaned closer to the edge of the castle's parapet. Levi had only hummed in response.

Silence took over the two, only having each other's company. They both stared up into the sky, watching the twinkling stars above them. Levi's mind still clouded back into his thoughts earlier, many possible outcomes rolling into his mind.

"Say, Levi, isn't the moon lovely tonight?" Luna asked over to the male beside her, as she stared at the shining sphere that illuminated the lands up above the sky.

The male stayed quiet for a while. He glanced over to the female, gazing softly at her, before looking up at the moon that was shimmering brightly, "Mm. A full moon... Just like your name, huh, Luna?" He responded. Luna turned to him wide-eyed.

"Ooh? You still remember that?" Luna inquired, "Why, how sweet of you! See, now you're beginning to know how to get along with people. There's still hope for you after all!"

"Tch." Levi scoffed, "It's not that big of a deal." He looked the opposite way from her face. Luna simply had a close-eyed smile on her face, chuckling to herself.

Levi sighed, "Well, I understood that bit. Some words were unusual. Never heard of them before."

"You mean you don't know what they mean?" Luna chuckled.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Levi glared.

Luna smiled, shaking her head, "Of course not. Why would it be?"

The man shrugged, crossing his arms, "You grew up in Wall Sina, right? Aboveground? People in the underground don't have access to books like that. Education isn't something common down there either. Reading isn't really something we do, unless it's from a newspaper."

Luna hummed, "Do you want my help?"

Her comment took him by surprise, "With what?" He asked, turning to her with an eyebrow raised. Luna rested her chin on her palm as she looked back at him, "Reading and writing. I'm well aware of the rights stripped from the people underground. Education should be one of them, but the government's not really efficient."

Levi stared at her for a hot second before scoffing and looking away, "I don't need your sympathy, nor your help. Are you pitying me because I'm 'stupid'? Because I was raised underground? Are you trying to really flaunt the gap between us?" One thing that made Levi be extremely skeptical of her is because of where she came from. He's known the antics of rich people taking advantage of those below them. If he were to accept her help, she might try to make him do something in return for her. He wasn't going to trap himself and fall for whatever manipulative plan she has in store for him, "Is that why you gave me your book? A book full of written crap?"

"If you don't want my offer, then I won't force you to." Luna simply gave him a close-eyed smile, "But if you change your mind, you know where to find me." She took a deep breath and sighed, "You not knowing something just means you have more to learn and uncover. As I said, it was a gift. My offer to help you never had any ill intentions. Like I said, reading is a hobby of mine. I simply wanted to share with you, Levi."

Luna faced the view in front of her, placing her hands at the surface she's sitting on, "You know, I can feel your glares whenever I talk with Isabel and Furlan. I guess I was just trying to make the atmosphere to be more... light. I only wanted us to be on good terms, darling. That's all." Wait, what am I saying? Why do I feel so nervous?

The silent atmosphere took over them once more, only the sounds of rustling leaves and the birds cawing in the forest could be heard. Levi stared at her, listening to each word she spoke. His mouth was slightly open as he stared into her eyes that weren't even looking back at him. He pursed his lips and looked down at his boot, "Sorry."