Y/n thought for a moment. It'll be fine, right? I'm just guiding them around, nothing big.

"If you'd like, I can pay you," Dream added, snapping them out of their thoughts.

"Oh, no no no!" Y/n exclaimed, getting up from their seat. "No payment, it's fine. All I really ask is if you keep my existence a secret from anybody outside of this group."

Dream chuckles lightly before nodding. "Okay. So, you'll join us?"

"If I'm just a guide, sure."

Dream smiles. "Great! Oh, you should probably go get ready, if you need to. No telling what we'll run into."

Y/n nods, brushing off their clothes as Reiner moves to their side. "I'll be back in a moment then."

"Actually," Sapnap interrupts, approaching carefully. "May I join you? As an escort, so I could guide you back with no problems."

Before Dream could say anything, Y/n gave a small nod, saying "Sure" before turning to Dream. "Is that okay?"

Dream sighed before giving a small nod. "Yeah, that's fine."

 Y/n tilts their head, noticing Dream's defeated tone, but is quickly guided away from the camp before they could say anything.

...

It was a quiet walk, but a welcomed one.

 When arriving at the cabin, they told Sapnap to wait outside as they got ready, putting on their armor and other important equipment. Looking at their preferred weapon of choice, they decided not to bring it. They didn't want to seem like a threat, but also didn't think it'd be necessary with all the guards around. Besides, Reiner will also be there.

When stepping outside, Sapnap cocked a brow, tilting his head. "Do you only have iron armor?"

"What about it?" Y/n shrugged, placing their hands on their hip. "It gets the job done. It's not like I'm going into battle or anything."

Sapnap nods with a small smile, though it quickly fades when they start to walk back.

"Hey..."

"Hey."

Sapnap snorts a little before getting serious again, clearing his throat. "You need to be careful, especially around Dream. I don't know why he's acting all friendly around you, but..."

"Relax," Y/n said softly. "I know how to protect myself, and I'll be careful. Thank you for the warning, though."

Sapnap didn't seem convinced, but didn't say anything. He took note of the lack of weapons on their person, causing him to worry more.

...

 They spent a few hours exploring the forest, looking for any signs of this glittering cave. So far, they've come up empty handed, but they weren't going to give up.

Sapnap, though keeping his distance, was keeping an eye on Y/n's well being. Not because he didn't trust them, he was just worried.

Dream, on the other hand, was oddly relaxed, chatting up a storm with Y/n, though it was mostly one sided. Of course, his guard was still up, he just didn't make it obvious.

 "So," Dream starts as he moves closer to Y/n's side. "Do you know where any nearby caves are that could lead into the glittering caves?"

"If I knew, I'd probably tell you," Y/n chuckled.

Dream shrugged with a small grin before stepping a little closer, though keeping a comfortable distance between them. "If you were offered a home in a kingdom, would you accept?"

Y/n hummed in thought, lifting their gaze to the sky lightly covered by the tree tops. "Depends."

"On...?"

"On the situation," Y/n responded, turning their head to look at Dream. "And the location."

 Dream nodded with a hum and looked forward, soon realizing the sudden softness of the ground. Before he could warn anyone, he quickly loses his balance, accidentally grabbing hold of Y/n and dragging them down a dark hole underneath them, hearing yelling from the guards above.

---
1207 words

(tbh, I thought there were more words. Oh well :p)

Ayo ayo, has Timmy fallen down the well? Well damn.
Hope this chapter was okay! Things will be getting interesting in the next chapter, so don't worry that pretty little head of yours :)

Remember to hydrate and to take care of yourselves!