Part 19

I walked into Nathan's apartment and saw him sleeping. Shirtless. Damn he is hot. I walked to him and whispered in ear, "Hey you, wake up." He woke up.
"Hey gorgeous."
"Hey." I sat next to him.
"I didn't hear you come in."
"Well, you didn't hear you alarm clock either." I touched his chest.
"Because it didn't go off. Not everyone gets up at six. Jeez."
"Well, time to get up." I was about to stood up but he pulled me back.
"I am up. Come here." He pulled me to a kiss. Long kiss. Then the alarm went off.
"I'll get that." I turned it off.
"Do you want me to start your shower?"
"Yeah thanks."
"Okay." I smiled to him and went to the shower.

After school we went back to the apartment and we went to the pool.
We walked in laughing, "Hey you're hungry?" Nathan asked me.
"Hungry for you." I put my body against his.
"I'm serious. We can heat something up or go out if you'd like." He said a bit nervous.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing I'm just hungry."
"Nate, I know you your whole life. I don't buy it. Talk to me."
"I just don't feel like making out, that's all."
"You realized you just said that, right? Since when?"
"Since you got my jersey number tattooed on your ass."
"Oh." I let go of him. "Above my ass actually. When did you see that?"
"This morning."
I nodded, "Does that bother you?"
"I'm just confused as hell. I mean you'd do something that permeant but you won't have sex with me?"
"You can get a tattoo removed, Nathan. Sex is a really big deal for me."
"I get that. That's why I didn't pressure you."
"The way you're not pressuring me right now?"
He looked at me without saying a word.
"I'm gonna heat some food." He turned around.

I sat on Peyton's bed and put some nail polish on my fingers.
"I like that. What colour is that?" Peyton asked me.
"Shag." I said without looking at her. "Did Nathan ever cheat on you?" I asked innocently.
"Where do that come from?"
"I just wonder if maybe he's gonna start looking somewhere else for what he's not getting from me."
"Ah, the big bad sex issue."
"Yeah." I gave her my nail polish. "I mean, we start making out and it's great and I totally get into him and then I just hit this point."
"I bet he loves that."
"Yeah. I guess I always thought that I'll wait until I fell in love and got married and then I got together with Nathan and everything got really confusing." Peyton wrote EM on her wall. "I don't know if I'm ready, Peyton."
"Maybe you're not sure if Nathan is the right guy."
"No, I can safely leave that out. I just... I can't breath when I'm around him and when I'm not around him I wanna be. I'm just... I'm totally in love with him." Now she wrote NS and half of a heart.
"Then you got further with him then I ever did."

I walked into Nathan's apartment and saw a sale sign. "Are you kidding?"
"I gotta sell the car to pay for the apartment."
"What is your dad's gonna say?"
"He can say whatever he wants. It's still my car."
"You know," I sat next to him on the couch, "If you need some extra money I can always be your sugar mama." I kissed hi cheek and he sighed, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing. It's just... you said you weren't ready so I'm trying to respect that."
"So we can't even kiss now?"
"No, I'm just trying to make you comfortable."
"I'm sorry, Nathan. I know it's not fair for you."
"No... actually it's not fair to you."
"I..."
"Just don't apologise okay?" He got up and walked to the other room.

"Hot from the grill my friends."
Haley said giving us a sandwich to share.
"I'm not hungry." Lucas said.
"Neither do I." I said.
"Alright, more for me." Haley said.
"Okay, I have to ask you a question. Kind of personal," I told Lucas, "How many minutes of the day do guys think about sex?"
"Per minute?" He asked embarrassed.
"Yeah."
"On a magazine I read it said the guys think about sex like every 30 seconds." Haley added.
"You're thinking about having sex with him!" Lucas yelled at me.
"Shh!"
"Sorry."
"Look, just it keeps coming up and..." He gave me a look, "Sorry wrong words."
"Look, it's not my place to tell you how to live your life, Elena, but for what it's worth, I wish I would have waited."
"Really?"
"All I'm saying is look past the moment. If you're not ready. Wait."

Me and Nathan sat on bench in the middle of the road. "Nathan, I know I'm driving you crazy."
"No you're not."
"Do you think I'm a tease?"
"Stop it!"
"Well, what do you think?"
"I think that you're my girlfriend and I like to spend time with you." I looked away, "I just don't want to push you."
"You're not."
"But I am." I looked at him with tears, "Elena, you got a tattoo for god sacks. And it just freaks me out because obviously this thing means a lot to you. I just don't want to do anything to pressure you or drive you away. Even though sometimes I can't help it. Just like I couldn't help it that I fell in love with you. Cause I did."
"What?" I asked softly.
"I love you, Elena. I always have. Since we we're kids, it was always you. And it scares me a little bit but... there it is."
I took a deep breath, "Wow. There it is." I looked at him and kissed him. "I love you too, Nathan Scott." I smiled and he smiled and he kissed me again.