Chapter 17: The Boy in Enemy Clothing (Part 2)

Hari suddenly fell backwards as he frantically shuffled away, hitting the dirt hard and feeling the air in his chest escape painfully

Hari suddenly fell backwards as he frantically shuffled away, hitting the dirt hard and feeling the air in his chest escape painfully. The crowd bellowed in a series of laughs, and Hari's vision began to tunnel as his behemoth of an opponent stood over him laughing.

"I didn't even have to touch you to win- but just to make sure, one punch will do just fine."

As 17 prepared to finish Hari off, a blur entered Hari's vision and the crowd began to grow restless. Hari sat up to see a third figure was standing between him and 17. He saw that he had shed his navy blue hood, and let his crown show for all to see that it was the Prince of Sanitatum.

The announcer in gold leapt in the air in disbelief, bowing gently in awe.

"Could it be? We have been blessed with the Prince's presence, ladies and gentlemen!" He threw his hat in the air, the fancy headpiece catching the light of the lanterns like a colorful fire dancing in the sky. "Let us learn why the future cleanser of the Realm has decided to give us a visit!"

"Oh, I forgot to mention something before you go beating my pet up like a punching bag," Simba taunted, leaving everyone in attendance in suspense. "A game with no weapons or tools is fun and all, but to make things more interesting, I have read the conditions of the Hell Rounds and discovered one weapon is exempt from that list of forbidden items allowed in the ring..."

"Oh?" beckoned 17 in amusement, "What weapon could your pale little stick be concealing? He seems pretty naked to me- unless he is hiding it somewhere else..."

The crowd let out a collective laugh at his vulgar suggestion, but Simba remained stone cold with that crooked smile on his face. The fact that Simba was royalty didn't seem to bother the man looking to win an easy fight.

"Are you at all aware of the term biological warfare?"

The crowd paused in shock at Simba's words, and 17 began backed away slowly.

"I have enlisted a Cursed Pet to enter into the Hell Rounds. You will all lose unless you are comfortable with mass infection."

He turned to number 17, who now displayed a hint of fear in his eyes. Simba stepped aside to let a clear path between them. Simba's teeth flared in amusement at the chaos he created.

"None of you have gloves on. Your armor reveals almost the whole of your body. If you try to harm my pet, you will all be subject to the curse and its lifelong effects. So I invite you to throw the next punch."

Simba slowly swept his hand towards Hari as if to assuage the tall figure to murder him.

"I dare you."

The crowd was in a frenzy- both angry and bewildered. Number 17 just stood like a statue, unable to proceed.

"That is..." Simba teased, "Unless you would like to forfeit the match? And that goes for the rest of you healthy brutes, too."