Chapter Seven

After three weeks since my mother went missing I lost hope knowing my father and brother would never come home. I would never see my brother, father, or mother ever again. Then all of the sudden we where yanked out of our cells and dragged somewhere. I couldn't figure out where or why they where taking us, but I did notice they looked slighlty familier. Who where they? Are they new guards? Where was my mother?

We went down the great hall and then we were on our way to the throne. I was scared. What would happen? When we got there I noticed someone else besides Drake on the throne? FATHER! After 3 long months it was my father! Laura and I ran and embraced our father. Trint bowed and told him about the exciting adventure. He was very proud of me and Trint for fighting so bravely. But where was my mother?

I looked at my father and in his eyes I sensed sadness. A sense of loss and emptyness. Then I went over to Thomas who went to war with my father. I asked where my mother was and he said to look in the garden. The garden was her favorite place, but why was she there. I went and sat beside her, she looked up and had tears spilling down her face. I knew something was up. I asked her and she told me the whole story.

Father and Chris went to the battle field and fought and fought. After two months they were still standing with minor wounds. One morning they went to battle as usual and fought. About midday Chris fell. He tripped over some stones and someone stabbed him. My father saw that much. He did not see where he was stabbed.

After the story ended I tried so hard to stay calm. I then couldn't hold in the tears any longer and let them spill out. I cried and cried with my mother. Once we regained our breath and stopped crying I asked my mother why she was let out so much earlier. She said that he let her out to help cook. Then after those long 3 weeks she was free because of my fathers arrival!