Chapter Six

One night my mother and I were aloud to sleep together in the big cell. She told where she had been and why. At night she was allowed to sleep in her room and at the other place she was allowed in the spare room. During meals she would eat gormet like before we got captured. Drake was secretly in love with my mother. She was scared because he might do something horrible.

Why did he like her? When did he start? How could he put her family through this if he loved her? I was really starting to wonder if Drake really loved her or he was just trying to bring himself fortune. If he loved her he wouldn't have done this. But if he wanted to make money this sure wasn't the way. I thought Drake was smart, or smarter then to fool with the Queen.

As the days went by I missed my father more and more everyday waiting, wishing he would come home. Rescue us from this horrible man. I wanted to hear my brother laughing at my sister trying to jump to be taller than him. I missed them and wish they would just come home and forget the war.

One morning I awoke to find that my mother was gone. Me, Trint, and of course my sister Laura where very scared. What had happended during the night that we missed. Had she been killed, had Drake set her free. I asked the guards and they said "the King" had taken her. Days went by and she still wasnt back. After about a week I was hopeless. Father come home.