We Both Walk Among the Dead: A Percy Jackson Fanfiction

hey everyone, I thought I'd write a PJO fanfiction because I love the series so much :) this one is after the final battle, and the dotted bar means that it changes points of view. Plz comment if you want me to write me, thanx :)

The silver wires of the gate before me glinted in the dying rays of the sun, flashing white, yellow, and a bloody red. I scowled to myself again, hating the fact that I had to do favours for my father whenever I needed his help. But then again, Hades wasn't the most generous Greek God, so this wasn't anything new for me. What was new was the giggling from trail of idiots that had decided to accompany me on my mission.

            As I was thinking this rather uncharitable thought, Candice (she preferred to be called 'Candi', but I thought that was a stupid nickname) bumped into me, laughed, and slurred an apology into my not-so-forgiving-ear.

            "Okay, Who was the idiot that let her tag along!?! Especially since she's drunk!!" I whisper-shouted to the group of people behind me, quieting down since they also saw the gate before us.

            Carson, black hair reflecting the sun and blue eyes apologetic, stepped forward and whispered to me, "Sorry, I didn't know she had snuck a drink from the Gods' table before she got in the car. I'll make sure she doesn't bother you; just don't tell Mr. D, okay?"

            I sighed, a lonesome gush of air that escaped my stressed lungs. "Fine, but make sure she stays out of the way. We've got to finish this quickly, and I don't need her blubbering lovey nonsense to you during this," I snapped back, eyes squinted at the glowing gate a few metres down the grass hill in front of us. I heard Carson sigh, and Candice make disgusting kissy noises at him and he told her quietly that they were going to have to stay behind this time. I normally didn't mind Candice tagging along, because her daughter of Aphrodite charms could be useful in distracting human observers, but she turned to mush and goo whenever Carson, her boyfriend, was involved. I knew it wasn't his fault that Candice had gotten herself drunk (even though she was only sixteen and Camp rules didn't let even Mr. D drink); he was definitely the more responsible of the two. But because he was one of the many sons of the Lord of the Gods, Zeus himself, he was completely irresistible to Candice's charm, which didn't help because she was a daughter of the seducing goddess herself.

            I sighed again; as Carson led Candice to the safety of a nearby tree, giving me a thumbs up sign when he seated her against it and settled down to guard the area from trespassers. I gave him a half-hearted smile back, angry that I had lost one of my best fighters, but thankful that I now had a less ditzy guard for when we entered Demeter's territory.

            I let my smile fade back to my usually scowl as I turned to face the glinting gate again. My father had told me that the object he needed was in there, hidden amongst all of the trees and other wonderful nature. He had told me that the only time the gate was at its most accessible state was during twilight, which had started Candice on a babble about some book series written by a Stephanie Meyer when I told my group. They had, of course, all agreed to go before I even finished telling them about the mission, something that had made me scowl but secretly made me extremely happy. I could always count on my group to accompany me on the missions my father asked me to do, just as we all accompanied each other on quests and missions they were assigned to do. It was sort of like an unofficial law, whenever one of us was asked to do something; we all did it as well.

            "Cale! Wake up!" Al grunted in my ear, causing me to jump and Candice to drunkenly laugh at me from her position under the tree. Throwing a glare towards Candice, I shifted my eyes back to Al, huge and intimidating in the light blue of twilight. Al, short for Alphonse, was a son of Ares, God of War. He loved everything to do with battle tactics, and could physically smush anyone into a pancake. What I like about him, though, is the fact that he's not all muscle and brawn - he's actually a really smart guy, but he's fine with not letting the whole world know that. Lots of people judge him based on his bulging muscles, and deem him a strong bully who likes to torment everyone. That isn't true, though. Sure, he can get really down and dirty when dealing with enemies, but he knows the importance of allies, from all his battle research. I personally thought he took after his mom, a soft-spoken marital arts artist, more than his famous hot-headed father. He spent a lot of time with his dad, though, discussing the different warfare across the globe and the future ones his father was about to ignite. I also thought that Al was Ares' favourite son, but if I spoke that thought aloud one of his siblings would smash my face in.