Victory Of The Daleks

Start from the beginning

"I rang you a month ago." Winston replied with a raised eyebrow, "Really? Sorry, sorry. It's a Type Forty Tardis, it's. I'm just running her in." I smack his arm gently as he lied. "Something the matter, Breen? You look a little down in the dumps." Winston asked the woman who had been following after us silently. "No, sir. Fine, sir." She replied with a fake smile. "Action this day, Breen. Action this day." Winston told her, "Yes, sir." She smiled, shooting us a small smile in response. She turns to leave as another man comes up to us, "Excuse me, sir. Got another formation coming in, Prime Minister. Stukas, by the look of them." Amelia was bouncing around behind us, she kinda looked like she was hyper on sugar. I raised an eyebrow as I watched her, Theta wasn't paying her mind as he held Fay. "We shall go up top then, Group Captain. We'll give them what for. Coming, Doctor?" Winston asked turning to us, my head turning back to them. "Why?" We asked together, "I have something to show you."

We enter a lift, Amelia, Fay and I standing in the back with Theta and Winston up front. Winston stares at him for a moment, blowing smoke from his cigar at Theta, to which he waved it away with a grimace. I snorted lightly as I tapped on his back. "We stand at a crossroads, Doctor, quite alone, with our backs to the wall. Invasion is expected daily. So I will grasp with both hands anything that will give us an advantage over the Nazi menace." Theta and I immediately perked up, "Such as?" I asked cocking my head to the side, ever since we arrived I've had a bad feeling. A familiar bad feeling, I just couldn't seem to place it. "Follow me." The lift comes to a stop and the doors slid open.

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

We head down a long hallway before climbing up steps, Winston opening a door that lets the light in. We all wince for a second before we move outwards. Sandbags and sentries, and a white-coated scientist searching the skies with powerful binoculars. Fay and I took the middle, with Winston and Theta leading; Amelia followed close behind. "Wow." She uttered out in awe, "Doctor, this is Professor Edwin Bracewell. Head of our Ironsides Project." I shudder at the name, a familiarity coming as my hearts began to race. I tightened my grip on Fay's hand causing her to look up at me with a worried face. Theta gives him a V for Victory salute, "How do you do?" The man shouts before going back to look through his binoculars. "Two flights JU thirty eights approaching from the east."
A bomb lands nearby, Amelia gazes at all the barrage balloons moored over the city. "Oh, Doctor. Doctor, it's...."

"History."

"Ready, Bracewell?"

"Aye aye, sir. On my order, fire!" Energy bolts zoom out from a sandbagged emplacement towards the approaching Nazi planes. Everyone a dead hit and I immediately freeze. No. Why? Why must it be them? Theta's face darkens drastically as he spins to face Winston. "What was that?" Amelia asked, immediately taking note of our shift in demeanor. "That wasn't human. That was never human technology. That sounded like. Show me. Show me. Show me what that was!" Theta bounds up the ladder, I push Fay behind me as Amelia watched with a frown. "Advance." Bracewell commands, "Our new secret weapon. Ha!" A Dalek rolls out from the emplacement. It's designation logo is a Union Flag and it is painted khaki, with an army utility belt around it. "What do you think? Quite something, eh?" My eyes immediately glow as a shield is placed around Fay and Amelia. I quickly move forward, rushing up the ladder to stand next to Theta.

"What are you doing here?" I snarled as it slowly turns to me. "I am your soldier." I growl in anger, "What?" Theta asked with a glare of his own. "I am your soldier." It repeated, "Stop this. Stop now. Now, you know who I am. You always know." Theta growls as he moves in closer, "Your identity is unknown." It responds back, "Perhaps I can clarify things here. This is one of my Ironsides." Bracewell laughs as if it was a pet of his own design. "Your what?" I hissed in anger, my hands start to shake as they glow. "You will help the Allied cause in any way that you can." Bracewell talked to the thing, "Yes." It responds, I scoffed. "Until the Germans have been utterly smashed." It's eye socket moved between us, "Yes." Bracewell smiled widely, "And what is your ultimate aim?" He asked one last time. "To win the war." I let out a shout in anger as it explodes before me. Theta immediately pulling me back as Bracewell shouts in horror, guns are raised as I curl into Theta's arms. "Momma!" She was still protected by my shield, Amelia holding her back.