Chapter 20

After a restful night's sleep, I awoke late. These last several days have been insane. Duke Daniel has been able to follow the events in the national library to some extent. Feeling ko tuloy naging direktor ako.

I actually received an invitation the other day from the Viscount's youngest daughter, Cassie Shu at ngayon ang araw na iyun. Lily probably received a letter too.

During Lily's trip to the tea party, she gets herself into some trouble. Wala naman mangyayari kay Lily eh, dahil incidentally, nandoon si crown prince Gabriel. The crown prince had heard that a band of robbers was hiding in the forest, and he was on the lookout for them. Lily, on the other hand, got involved.

Although the Shu's estate is not far from the capital, there is a forest between the city and the estate. One of the reasons why people get lost in the woods is because of this.

Is it just me or am I really the luckiest fan? On my way to the Shu residence, nakasalubong ko si Lily. "It's a beautiful day, so why don't we take a detour through the woods?", yaya niya saakin. Yung shortcut na iyon ay kung nasaan nagtatago yung mga bandits.

Pwede ito lakarin, tsaka hindi rin makakapasok ang mga carriages. "Sounds great", sagot ko nalang. Wala naman mangyayari, darating naman yung si crown prince eh. Tsaka para mapanood ko rin kung paano siya lumaban. Hahaha...

This is it. Nagsimula na kaming maglakad sa forest. This is actually a safe route if you wish to go to the Shu's residence. Kaya lang ginawang taguan nung mga bandits sa ngayon. Because they don't have many people or knights to confront those robbers, the Viscount reported it to the capital. That is why the crown prince stepped forward to help. Dagdag merit siguro. 

"Well, well, well...", andiyan na yung mga bandits.

"They don't look like they have much money"

"But they are still from noble families"

"Give us your money and jewelry", utos nila. Wow, even the lines are the same from the novel. "I said give me your money!", sigaw nung isa saakin dahil sa nakatitig lang ako sakaniya. Kunyari akong nagtago sa likuran ni Lily and acted like I was afraid of those bandits.

"No!", laban naman ni Lily. What are you doing Lily? Can't you see that the man is holding an axe? Asan na ba yung crown prince? Tsaka akala ko ba grupo, eh tatlo lang naman ito?

"Lily, let's just give our belongings..", kahit ayaw ko naman talaga.

"Why are there bandits here? Isn't this supposed to be a safe route?", ani ni Lily.

"What are you looking at? Quickly, your things! Or would you like to die instead?", siyempre hindi noh.

"Boss, there's another one", sabi nung isa. Napalingon ako sa tinuro nung isang bandit. "Who are you?"

It's the crown prince in disguised!