The Eleventh Hour

Start from the beginning

"No, it just looks a bit weird."

"No, no, no. The crack in your wall. Does it scare you?"

"Yes."

"Well then, no time to lose. I'm the Doctor, This is Kate and Fay. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off." Theta walks straight into a tree causing me to wince and Fay to laugh once again at her father. "Are you all right?" The girl asked with a wince on her face, "Early days. Steering's a bit off." He pops back up, "Daddy is silly." Fay speaks up, rushing towards her father and raising her arms for him to pick her up. I smiled as he swooped her up into his arms with a giant smile of his own. "My girls."

The young girl leads us inside, "If you're a doctor, why does your box say Police?" She reached into a bowl, pulling out an apple before handing it to Theta who bites into it, then proceeded to spit it out. I snorted as he grimaced, "That's disgusting. What is that?" He asked looking down at the girl in disgust, Fay quickly snatches it from her father's hand and eats the rest. "An apple." The girls spoke together, "Apple's rubbish. I hate apples." He complained causing me to roll my eyes, I moved over to the counter grabbing a couple of napkins. "You said you loved them." Our daughter teases, I hand a napkin to Fay, then to Theta who looked at me confused. "No, no, no. I like yoghurt. Yoghurt's my favourite. Give me yoghurt." Amelia gets him a cup from the fridge. He pours it in his mouth and then spits it out into the napkin.

He looks up at me with a raised eyebrow as I shrug, "I hate yoghurt. It's just stuff with bits in." He grumbled throwing it away along with Fay's apple that she had mostly finished before handing it back to her father. "You said it was your favourite." The redhead frowned up at him, "New mouth. New rules. It's like eating after cleaning your teeth. Everything tastes wrong. Argh!" He twitches violently, smacking himself in the head causing Fay to laugh. "What is it? What's wrong with you?" Theta frowned before he spun around as if trying to figured out what he was missing. He paused, then looked down at Fay who stared up at him in confusion. He quickly picked her up, finally content with her in his arms. "Wrong with me? It's not my fault. Why can't you give me any decent food? You're Scottish. Fry something." So she gets the frying pay out while Theta dries his hair with a towel that I managed to find.

"Ah, bacon!" That gets spat out, too. "Bacon. That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" A saucepan of baked beans gets heated up. "Ah, you see? Beans." Until he gets them in his mouth, that is. Fay is sat on the table before he rushes to the sink to spit them out. "Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans. Bread and butter. Now you're talking." He throws the plate of bread and butter out, hitting a cat. "And stay out!" I roll my eyes as I make my way to the freezer. "We've got some carrots." She suggested watching me with a frown, "Carrots? Are you insane? No. Wait. Hang on. I know what I need. No, Kate knows what I need. Yes! Thank you, my love. Fish fingers and custard." He kisses me with a smile before making himself happy with his food. I managed a bowl of soup, while he contentedly dips the fish fingers into a bowl of custard and eats, Fay and the little girl have some ice cream.

"Funny."

"Am I? Good. Funny's good. What's your name?"

"Amelia Pond."

"Oh, that's a brilliant name. Amelia Pond. Like a name in a fairy tale. Are we in Scotland, Amelia?"

"No. We had to move to England. It's rubbish."

"So what about your mum and dad, then? Are they upstairs? Thought we'd have woken them by now." I asked her as I wiped Theta's lips with my thumb before sticking it in my mouth causing him to gap at me. I smirk back at him, "I don't have a mum and dad. Just an aunt." Amelia gains our attention just as Theta was about to start squirming. "I don't even have an aunt." He muttered out lowly still staring at me, "You're lucky." She tells us, "I know." He winks giving my hand a squeeze as Fay watches us with a smile. "So, your aunt, where is she?" I asked turned to Amelia just as he placed a hand on my thigh. "She's out." I slowly turn back towards Theta who was smirking into his custard. "And she left you all alone?" Fay asked, our attention back on the little girl. "I'm not scared." She states staring at our daughter with a frown. "Course, you're not. You're not scared of anything. Box falls out of the sky, family falls out of a box, man eats fish custard, and look at you, just sitting there. So you know what I think?"