The Wedding Of Sarah Jane Smith and a Family Vacation

Start from the beginning

"Time's stopped." Luke breathed out, "What? You're joking." Clyde frowned as he took a closer look. "No. Time hasn't stopped. This second's on a loop. Twenty three seconds and twenty three minutes past three o'clock." Luke explained with his eyes widening at the same time. "And we're caught inside it. In this one second." Theta continued for him in explanation. "But again, where is Sarah Jane?" Clyde asked, "I think she's right here."

⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏

"So we've been kept behind in this second." Rani asked as we moved along the building, Theta was on the floor with his brainy specs as Fay slowly fell asleep in my arms."Affirmative Mistress Rani." K9 confirmed, "But the rest of the world, Mum and Dad and everyone else, they've moved on from here, forwards in time. Why has the Trickster trapped us here?" Rani spun around to face Theta who popped up. "Oh, come on, Rani. You know the answer to that." He scoffed a little, "We're Sarah Jane's friends, all of us. Her best friends." Rani explained causing me to raise an eyebrow towards her. "Yeah. Which means?" I asked gently trying to lead her on, while Theta runs up the steps to check our surroundings. "Hostages. He can use us to get at her." I smiled at her in confirmation. "We've met the Trickster before, but we've never found out who he is." Clyde explained turning to Theta, who finally bounded down. "The Trickster is a creature from beyond the universe. Forever trying to break in to our reality, manifest himself. He's one of the Pantheon of Discord."

"That's a good name for a band." Rani scoffed with an eye roll, "Yeah, actually, not bad. He's an eternal exile, who exists to wreak havoc. But we can fight him, the five of us. And we can win."His sonic screwdriver starts beeping, "Oh! Ha, that's it. A time trace. Just a hint of Sarah Jane. Ooo, she's close."Sarah Jane walks through what is to her an empty area. Rani shivers and I raise an eyebrow. "What was that? Felt like someone just walked over my grave." I smirked at her question, "It's her." I explained gently. "Oh, oh, oh, she's here. She's here! Sarah!" Theta started shouting before I shushed him since Fay had just managed to fall asleep. He winced at me before clearing his throat. "Sarah Jane. She doesn't like being called Sarah." Rani snipped at him in annoyance, "She does by me. K9?" He spun towards K9, "Scanning, Master." We move towards a door way, "Doctor! Kate!" We heard her but we couldn't see her, "Mum. That was her." Luke's eyes widened as Theta bent down next to K9. "K9, isolate the time trace."

"Affirmative, Master."

"K9?"

"Temporal schism divided in two, Master."

"Yes, of course. We're trapped here in 3:23:23. and Sarah Jane's trapped too, just in another second."

"Hold on. You said you'd explain later. Well, it's later. Please explain."

"The Trickster doesn't want us helping Sarah, so he's separated us, trapped us in two different seconds." I explained, In the other second, Sarah Jane runs up the stairs. "Doctor." We spin around towards the stairs where her voice came next. "Oh, oh, she's upstairs. Come on. Luke take Fay, K9, watch for the Tardis, you see it coming back, shout the place down." We follow after him, "Orders accepted, Master." K9 responded, "You three with me. Spit spot." I hand a sleeping Fay to Luke who smiles awkwardly but holds her nonetheless. Sarah Jane goes through a door labelled 2nd floor 201-230 and into the same room as before. "It's not possible." She breathed out as she spun in a circle. "We can't run away, Sarah Jane." Peter explained as he moved in closer to her. "The one time I fall in love, the one time everything goes right, and it's a trap. I thought I loved you, but you aren't even real."

"You do love me. I'm here, flesh and blood." He tells her gently with a smile, "Are you? And I was worried about my secrets. Well, it turned out you were hiding something pretty big, weren't you?" She glared as she walked forward, down the isle. "I only kept one secret. I knew you wouldn't believe me. You'd think I was mad. That's why I never told you about the Angel." He told her as he met her halfway, "The Angel? That's what you call him, but he, it, it's a creature, an alien being." She snapped in slight anger. "Please, listen, I'll tell you everything. Please. A few months ago I was working from home. Had a stupid accident, fell down the stairs. I thought I was going to die, then he appeared."