The Wedding Of Sarah Jane Smith and a Family Vacation

Start from the beginning

"That's us. Good to meet you in the flesh." Theta smiled at the boy who quickly sits up in panic. "What, what happened? Mum and the Trickster." He looks around for a second in horror, "Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke, listen to me. Everything's going to be all right. We can find Sarah. We can bring her back. I promise. But I need you to be strong for me, just like you were before. I know you can do it." Clyde and Rani wake up, "Who are you?" Clyde snips slightly looking between us with disdain. "Hello, Clyde. And that will be Rani." Theta and I smiled at them, "What? How'd you know my name?" Clyde looked at us in surprise, "Wait a moment. You must be. It's you, isn't it?" Rani pointed towards Theta with a shocked looked, then turned to Fay and I. "That's us." Theta waved, "The Doctor. His wife Kate, and their daughter, Fay." She breathed out in shock.

"That's him." Luke responded, "I hope you're as good as Sarah Jane says you are." Clyde scoffs as Theta leans down to check the floor then gets up and moves to the center of the room. "Well, you know journalists, always exaggerating. But yeah, I'm pretty amazing on a good day." Theta laughed as he winked at me, his tongue running along his teeth making him look even more enticing. "Master, query. Where is Mistress Sarah Jane?" K9 suddenly came forward, "K9! Did you miss me. Did you miss me, eh?" He bends down and gently taps the side of K9. "Repeat. Whereabouts of Sarah Jane? Where is she?" I chuckled lowly as Theta pouted slightly from being ignored. "Where are we?" Clyde asked as he slowly turned to face us from checking out the window. It was all white outside, "There's been a dimensional shift. Time's moved on but us, and this entire building, we've been left behind." Theta explained as he moved towards the window with the children. "There's nothing out there." Rani breathed out in shock, and she was right, the hotel, and the bit of ground it stands on, are floating in white limbo.

"I said all along, I knew there was something wrong about all of this. And what exactly is going on?" Clyde throws his hands up in exasperation causing me to chuckle as Fay reaches for her father. "I'll explain later." He grunts out, taking her before reaching into his pocket. The three speak at once but Theta silences them with a football rattle. "Shush. Here's the answer to all your questions. Yes, that was the Trickster. Yes, we're trapped. Yes, we're the only ones who can get us out of the trap. Yes, I'm going to bring Sarah Jane, and your mum and dad, and all the others back safe, but I can't do any of it without you." Theta bounced Fay on his hip who giggle excitedly. "You, you need us?" Clyde asks with a scoff as Rani cooes towards Fay. "Just like Sarah Jane needs you." I spoke up with a smile, Rani suddenly frowns and paused. "My mum and dad, where are they?" She asked looking between everyone with sad and scared eyes.

"Just go along with him, Rani. I saw them save the world." Luke praised with a smile, "You helped us save the world, Lukey boy. Right. Come on, we can use the Tardis. I assume everybody knows what the Tardis is, unless you've really not been paying attention. And, allons-y!" He hands Fay back to me and takes off causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance. "Oh, no, no, no, no. It was there. It was right there. Wait, wait, wait." The Tardis starts to materialise. "That noise. I've heard it before." Rain breaths out as we both frown in slight annoyance. "That was me, trying to break through. Got knocked back by the Trickster." Theta explained to her, "Temporal schism is preventing Tardis materialisation." K9 announced, "Wait a minute. That's the Tardis? It's just a wooden box."

"Come on, you can do it. More power. Come on!" The Tardis fades away, Theta and I frown sadly. "Okay, got no Tardis. It can't materialise here until time moves forward." I explained as we turned to face the three of them. "What, so we're trapped here, wherever this is?" Rani asked with a scoff, "No. Because what have I got? I've got K9." Theta cooed again causing Fay to giggle. "Affirmative." K9 responded, "And I've got you three. And any friend of Sarah Jane Smith is a friend of ours." Theta spoke looking between them as he grabbed my hand. "But where is this? What's happened to the rest of the world?" Clyde asked, "Our present location nowhere, no when." I explained at the same time as K9 causing everyone to look between us, except Theta. "No when?" Luke asked me, "Look at the clocks." I told him as I pointed towards one of the clocks.