The Unicorn and The Wasp

Start from the beginning

"Funny place to wear pearls." Donna smirked at her own joke, Theta joined her as we were handed our drinks. "May I announce Colonel Hugh Curbishley, the Honourable Roger Curbishley." A young man is pushing his father's wheelchair. "My husband, and my son." Clemency introduced with a kind smile. "Forgive me for not rising. Never been the same ever since that flu epidemic back in eighteen." Hugh smiled up at his wife, "My word, you are a super ladies." I grimaced as Roger looked us up and down. "Oh, I like the cut of your jib. Chin, chin."

"Hello. I'm the Doctor."

"How do you do?"

"Very well."

"Your usual, sir?"

"Ah. Thank you, Davenport. Just how I like it."

"How come she's an Eddison, but her husband and son are Curbishleys?" Donna asked us quietly trying not to be rude, "The Eddison title descends through her. One day Roger will be a lord." Theta explained to her causing her to give him a small nod back, Fay cooed against me. Theta smiled down at her, as if agreeing with what she said. She noticed the same thing we did, about Roger being in a secret relationship with the waiter. For an infant, she's extremely smart, her brain and body growing by the day. While she isn't as smart as she will be when she's older, she can still communicate and pick up on things. "Robina Redmond." A fashionable young woman arrives with a smile. "She's the absolute hit of the social scene. A must. Miss Redmond." Clemency introduced with a smile, "Spiffing to meet you at last, my lady. What super fun."

"Reverend Arnold Golightly." A blonde man was introduced to us, I frowned watching him for a second. "Ah, Reverend. How are you? I heard about the church last Thursday night. Those ruffians breaking in." Clemency smiled up at the man, I looked between them with a raised eyebrow. "You apprehended them, I hear." Curbishley smiled, "As the Christian Fathers taught me, we must forgive them their trespasses. Quite literally." He preached back with a fake smile. "Some of these young boys deserve a descent thrashing." Roger looked towards on of the waiters with a smirk. "Couldn't agree more, sir." He responded with a smirk back at Roger. All three of us had quickly caught onto their relationship, "Typical. All the decent men are on the other bus." Donna mutters, "Or Time Lords." I spoke up sending Theta a wink who smirked and wrapped his arm around me kissing Fay on the head. "Now, my lady. What about this special guest you promised us?"

"Here she is. A lady who needs no introduction." A thirty-something woman is embarrassed by the applause. "No, no, please, don't. Thank you, Lady Eddison. Honestly, there's no need." Theta and I immediately recognized her but Donna didn't as she came over to shake our hands. "Agatha Christie." She introduced herself, "What about her?" Donna asked in confusion. "That's me." Agatha smiled as Donna paused, "No. You're kidding." She gasped in shock. "Agatha Christie. I was just talking about you the other day. I said, I bet she's brilliant. I'm the Doctor, This is Kate, Fay and Donna. Oh, I love your stuff. What a mind. You fool me every time. Well, almost every time. Well, once or twice. Well, once. But it was a good once." She paused awkwardly staring at him before laughing.

"Mrs Christie, I'm so glad you could come. I'm one of your greatest followers. I've read all six of your books. Er, is, er, Mister Christie not joining us?"

"Is he needed? Can't a woman make her own way in the world?"

"Don't give my wife ideas."

"Now Mrs Christie, I have a question. Why a Belgian detective?"

Theta borrows the Colonel's newspaper and I say borrow lightly because he snatched it from the man. "Excuse me, Colonel." He muttered out walking up to us with a frown. "The date on this newspaper." He showed it to me causing my eyebrows to raise, Donna frowned looking over my shoulder. "What about it?" She asked, "It's the day Agatha Christie disappeared. She'd just discovered her husband was having an affair." Donna raised an eyebrow looking back at Agatha, "You'd never think to look at her, smiling away." She muttered lowly, "Well, she's British and moneyed. That's what they do. They carry on. Except for this one time. No one knows exactly what happened. She just vanished. Her car will be found tomorrow morning by the side of a lake. Ten days later, Agatha Christie turns up in a hotel in Harrogate. Said she'd lost her memory. She never spoke about the disappearance till the day she died, but whatever it was." I explained to her while Donna gapped at us in shock. "It's about to happen." She gapped, "Right here, right now." Theta nodded with a small wince. "Professor! The library! Murder! Murder!" The women comes out of the house shouting in horror.