The Sontaran Stratagem

Start from the beginning

"What's ATMOS?"

"Oh, come on. Even I know that. Everyone's got ATMOS."

We make our way over to the factory, walking inside. "Stands for Atmospheric Omission System. Fit ATMOS in your car, it reduces CO2 emissions to zero." Martha explained as we continued forward, "Zero? No carbon, none at all?" I asked in confusion causing her to nod back at me. "And you get sat-nav and twenty quid in shopping vouchers if you introduce a friend. Bargain." Donna smirked, "And this is where they make it, Doctor. Shipping worldwide. Seventeen factories across the globe, but this is the central depot, sending ATMOS to every country on Earth." Mace paused looking towards us causing me to frown, "And you think ATMOS is alien?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, "It's our job to investigate that possibility. Doctor?" The paratroopers are still rounding up workers as Mace leads them through a plastic strip curtain. "Come on, look lively. Up the pace, go on. We haven't got all day now."

An ATMOS device is on a table, "And here it is, laid bare. ATMOS can be threaded through any and every make of car." Theta puts on his specs to look at it closer, "You must've checked it, before it went on sale." I insisted with a frown looking towards Martha, "We did. We found nothing. That's why I thought we needed an expert." Martha smiled towards us causing me to smile back lightly. "Really. who'd you get? Oh, right. Me, yes. Good." I chuckled lowly with a shake of my head. Martha and Mace leave, "Okay. So why would aliens be so keen on cleaning up our atmosphere?" Donna asked up with a pointed look, "A very good question." Theta uttered with a frown, "Maybe they want to help. Get rid of pollution and stuff." Donna suggested with a shrug, "Do you know how many cars there are on planet Earth? Eight hundred million. Imagine that. If you could control them, you'd have eight hundred million weapons."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Theta is looking at ATMOS's components, "Ionising nano-membrane carbon dioxide converter. Which means that ATMOS works. Filters the CO2 at a molecular level." He explained to everyone, "We know all that, but what's its origin? Is it alien?" Mace asked looking between the two of us. "No. Decades ahead of its time. Look, do you mind? Could you stand back a bit?" I asked the man causing him to frown as I moved in between Theta who was getting anxious. "Sorry, have I done something wrong?" Mace asked with a frown as he stared at me in slight shock. "You're carrying a gun. He doesn't like people with guns hanging around me, all right?" I let the man know gently before Theta got all snippy about it. "If you insist." Mace leaves, "Tetchy." Martha snips raising an eyebrow at us, "Well, it's true. Besides I don't want them around Kate an our baby." He huffed out, "He's a good man." Martha insisted gently with a small smile. "People with guns are usually the enemy in my books. You seem quite at home." Theta looks up at her with a frown, "If anyone got me used to fighting, it's you."

"Oh right, so it's my fault."

"Well, you got me the job. Besides, look at me. Am I carrying a gun?"

"Suppose not."

"It's all right for you. You can just come and go, but some of us have got to stay behind. So I've got to work from the inside, and by staying inside, maybe I stand a chance of making them better." Martha snipped slightly angry with him now, I wanted to say something but she had a solid point. "Yeah? That's more like Martha Jones." I spoke up with a bright smile causing her to laugh. "I learned from the best." She winked at me when Theta looked away, "Well." Donna enters from exploring the place a bit more. "Oi, you lot. All your storm troopers and your sonics. You're rubbish. Should've come with me." Donna spoke sarcastically, "Why, where have you been?" I asked her with a cock of my head. "Personnel. That's where the weird stuff's happening, in the paperwork. Because I spent years working as a temp, I can find my way round an office blindfold, and the first thing I noticed is an empty file."