The Sontaran Stratagem

Start from the beginning

"Unified Intelligence Taskforce. Raise that barrier, now!" A car with Army top brass goes past, and they all go to the ATMOS factory. "Leave those safeties on, lads. They're non-hostiles." A soldier speaks up as a man moved to the front. "All workers, lay down your tools and surrender." He demanded with a glare, "Greyhound Six to Trap One. B Section, go, go, go. Search the ground floor. Grid pattern delta." Martha commanded causing me to raise an eyebrow in shock. "What are you searching for?" I asked her with a frown, "Illegal aliens." My frown deepened as I make eye contact with theta, aren't we technically illegal? "This is a UNIT operation. All workers lay down your tools and surrender immediately." The commander spoke loudly, "B section mobilised. E section, F section, on my command." Martha runs off to join the troops under her command. "Is that what you did to her? Turned her into a soldier?" Theta looks down sadly as I place my hand on his back in comfort. She soon comes back to join us, with a small smile.

"And you're qualified now. You're a proper doctor." He asked Martha as we followed after her, "UNIT rushed it through, given my experience in the field. Here we go. We're establishing a field base on site. They're dying to meet you." She turned to give us a bright smile but he just winced and tightened his grip on my hand. "Wish I could say the same." We get into the back of a pantechnicon truck. Donna and Theta helping me, by pulling me up while Martha helped steady my back.

"Operation Blue Sky complete, sir. Thanks for letting me take the lead. And, this is the Doctor, and Kate. Doctor, Kate, Colonel Mace." Martha introduced with a small smile, "Sir." He straightens up a salutes causing me to snort as Theta winced. "Oh, don't salute." He whined rolling his eye, "But it's an honour, sir. I've read all the files on you. Technically speaking, you're still on staff. You never resigned." Donna frowned as I grunted, that was a time when I was still stuck on Gallifrey, I think I was in my fourth body. "What, you used to work for them?" Donna asked raising an eyebrow between us, "Not me." I shook my head, as I rubbed my back slowly. "Yeah, long time ago. Back in the 70's. Or was it the 80's? But it was all a bit more homespun back then." He explained to her causing her to nod slowly. "Times have changed, sir." Mace insisted with a stern look. "Yeah, that's enough of the sir." Theta grumbled out with an eye roll causing me to smirk to myself, "You usually like it when I call you that." I spoke out loud causing everyone to pause an turn towards me. Mace looked shocked, Donna and Martha looked horrified while Theta blushed and cleared his throat.

"Come on, though, Doctor. You've seen it. You've been on board the Valiant. We've got massive funding from the United Nations, all in the name of Home World Security." Martha continued after clearing her throat and shaking her head. "A modern UNIT for the modern world." Mace continued with a nod, "What, and that means arresting ordinary factory workers, in the streets, in broad daylight? It's more like Guantanamo Bay out there. Donna, by the way. Donna Noble, since you didn't ask. I'll have a salute." Mace looks at the Doctor, who gives a sort of nod, so the Colonel salutes Donna. I smirked at the women, I really love her. "Ma'am." He stated in respect and slight fear, "Thank you." Donna smirked smugly looking towards me with a wink causing me to chuckle. "Tell me, what's going on in that factory?" Theta asked looking towards a factory building not to far off, "Yesterday, fifty two people died in identical circumstances, right across the world, in eleven different time zones. Five a.m. in the UK, six a.m. in France, eight a.m. in Moscow, one p.m. in China."

"You mean they died simultaneously." I asked moving forward slightly to gain attention. "Exactly. Fifty two deaths at the exact same moment, worldwide." He nodded in confirmation, "How did they die?" Theta asked with a cock if his head, "They were all inside their cars." He and I looked towards on another with raised eyebrows. "They were poisoned. I checked the biopsies. No toxins. Whatever it is, left the system immediately." Martha explained to us, I cleared my throat. "What have the cars got in common?" I asked with a frown, "Completely different makes. They're all fitted with ATMOS, and that is the ATMOS factory."