Chapter 7: Just the two of us

Start from the beginning

"Alrighty, you do know the basics, right?" Lou asked.

"Uh huh." Debbie answered.

"Alright. So, start the car." Lou said.

Lou and Debbie spent about an hour just driving around the basement parking lot, well Debbie drove. And it was an absolute misery for Lou. A happy misery though. She'd give tips every now and then for Debbie and Debbie would take the tips literally. Lou mentioned to Debbie earlier to drive, then brake when she wanted and needed. Debbie literally drove for 2 seconds, then hit the brakes, drove again for 2 seconds, then hit the brakes and they literally looked like they were corrupted with some virus or something- drive, stop, drive, stop, drive, stop.

It was about 10:30 AM and they both had enough with the constant drive and stop, they decided to start their bucket list for the day. So they switched seats and Lou was now in the driver's seat. They exited the basement and once they were out, the sound of silence was born. So Debbie turned on the rainbow, in hopes to shut it out. Coincidentally, the song 'Just the two of us' played which gave birth to awkwardness too.

( Besties- play it while reading this convo. Btw, this is going to be cringey, so buckle up cuz yawl going down the cringey roller coaster. )

"Debbie..."

"Yes, Lou." Debbie turned her face around facing Lou entirely.

"Can I call you mine?"

"What?"

"Like y'know... baby, hunny, sweetie, prin-"

"No, Lou."

"Why?"

"Because it's weird and didn't we just agree to stay as friends like... 10 minutes ago?"

"But you like it when I call you them."

"Yeah... I do. NO! I MEAN-"

"See baby, I told you."

Debbie's heart flooded with butterflies and her face was blushing intensely.

"Baby, look at me." Lou reached her hands out and caught Debbie's chin and turned Debbie's face towards her, "You like it, don't you."

Debbie swatted Lou's hands away in a child-like behaviour and looked outside the window.

Lou chuckled at Debbie's behaviour, "I know you like it, princess."

Silence and awkwardness was adopted once again in the atmosphere. The song, "Just the two of us," was still playing in the background as they sat quietly in the car... daydreaming about each other. Until Lou decided to return silence and awkwardness to foster care.

"Baby..." Lou said.

Debbie's heart fluttered once again. She loved it so, so, so much how Lou called her 'baby.'

"Baby... Earth to Debbie, hellooo?" Lou waved her hands in front of Debbie's face. Debbie was brought back to reality when she heard her name.

"Yes, Lou?" Debbie turned her face completely to Lou once again.

"C'mon... call me baby too."

Debbie smiled, "Nope."

"Are you single?" Lou gulped and asked innocently.

"Why?"

"I really want to know."

"And if I say no?"