~Epilogue~

Edit: Wow. 20K VIEWS. This has to be a dream. wtffffefnkrjgrgiualrgihf!!! 

I'm so glad it seems like you are enjoying it (seeing as you made it this far). Thank you all so much for all the love, you have no idea how much it makes my day seeing all the comments you leave! 

Side note: If you desire so you can check out my other fanfics on my profile and see how you like them!

Anyways... Enjoyyy, stay safe and many love ur way<33333333333333333333

*two years later - Y/n's POV:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!!!!"

I almost die of heart attack as the dark empty room Katsuki lead me in revealed the whole of class 1A with a birthday cake, balloons - the whole shebang! I clutch my chest, relieved that it wasn't a villain attack.

"You guys!" I exclaim, touched by the effort they put in. 

"Make a wish Y/n!" Jirou says with a proud smile; "Congratulations on making it this far!"

I curse the tears that well up in my eyes, remembering how around this time two years ago I was hoping to live till my eighteenth, and now- well seems like my dream came true... I close my eyes, thinking of how everyone in this room have made me see life with new eyes. And as I blow out all eighteen candles, I wish for everyone one of my friends to have a long, and happy life.

"YAAAAYYY Y/N!!!!" They all cheer, giving me hugs and kisses. 

I turn to Katsuki by my side and shoot him a grateful look, which he returns with kiss to the forehead. 

"Happy birthday Teddy Bear" He murmurs into my ear.

I scrunch up my nose and nudge him playfully. 
"Hey Y/n!!! Come onnnn I wanna see you open your presents!!" Whined Mina from the group. I laugh at Katsuki's annoyance and pull him over with to open my presents. The next few minutes is a whirlwind of fun and happiness. With Bakugo by my side and the rest of my friends with me, all is well, save of course for that nagging pain.
Over the past four years, the new age medicine Doc had given me, helped my body keep up with my quirk's destruction and stalled and suppressed it so as to give it more time to regenerate. So over the years my body's new found strength still waxed and waned, but not with as much vengeance as before. but lately, the spasms had gotten to ripping through my body with even more ferocity, as if it also had evolved and adapted - in fact - I haven't told anyone but Katuski this - but I'm surprised I made it to my eighteenth alive and kicking, not bed ridden and raving mad from the pain.

Amidst all the crazy celebration, I quietly slip away to the rooftop of the building, where I take a deep shaky breath that rattled in my ribcage in a way that terrified me. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" 

I smile at Bakugo's raspy tone. "Well if you must know -"

My answer is interrupted by him; "Let me guess, you're surprised you're still alive and kicking?" He grins at my reaction. "Oh come on, I've known you long enough to know the dark thoughts in that twisted mind of yours." I shrug. "Fair enough." 

He steps closer and frowns at my face; "Hey, you feeling alright?" 

I realise how pale I looked. Unsure how to answer, I study my hands that seemed to be almost translucent. I've been feeling it since yesterday, a kind of sixth sense I guess that only people who... 

*Third person POV*

Bakugo's face goes slack, as if it's lost all strength, and with a defeated sigh he utters bitterly. "It's time isn't it."