Choices...

Y/n's POV:

"This newly developed medicine targets the core cells and goes straight to the root of it and suppresses the pain around cellular damage. " Doc explains to me, his glasses and white coat making all scientist talk aesthetically pleasing.

I frown at this new information; "So kinda like panadol on steroids?" I ask.

He frowns at my simplified simple overview; "well, yes... Now your parents have signed the paperwork to allow your consumption, now it's all up to you."

I hug my knees to my chest as I go over the pros and cons. I mean, there's no harm in it right? It might not even work, and Doc said that it was new, so there's a chance I might react badly to it... But like, what can go wrong? The bigger chance that it does work - it'll make my life so much easier! Coming to a decision, I lift my head and say confidently; "I wanna try it."

He gives me a very medical look; "Are you sure about this? Your judgement isn't being clouded or anything?" 

I smile, who knew old Doctor Cold-hearted Skin Piercer had a place in his heart for my social issues? "Thanks, but I'm really sure about this."

"Very well then, we'll start via Intravenous line first, and then proceed to pill. At first you will be getting a dose three times daily before every meal - regardless of pain levels - then is your body agrees with it, then you'll be able to carry it with you when out as a precaution nothing more."

He added the last bit with a warning look, referring to my never forgotten and never forgiven (no matter how many professional 'non judgement' was conveyed) slight morphine problem. I pretend to not notice his passive aggression as I just stare at him in an attempt to make him as uncomfortable as me - news flash: it worked. 

The next day, I get the good news that the medicine is so far so good with me, which get's me thinking: I need to find a dress for next week! AndI know just what to do...

----------Jirou's POV (two days later):

"Hey Jirou! Remember Y/n? Bakugo's girlfriend?!" Mina says, barging into my room.

I put down my guitar and take off my headphones; "Oh yeah, cool girl." I say thoughtfully.

"I know right! Aaaaanddd she just texted me and she's inviting us to go shopping for outfits for the dance!" 

Oh right, the dance, I rub the back of my neck. I wonder if that idiot Denki is going to ask me... I shook my head - getting back to reality; "That sounds fun but shouldn't she be in the hospital? I thought she was sick."

"Well according to her she's allowed to go out sometimes - and apparently she's taking this new medicine that actually kinda works! So? wanna come?" Mina adds with a persuasive smile.

I twirl my earphone jacks. "Oh finee. Only coz I wanna hang out with Y/n, I don't really care for shopping for a dress." 

Mina squeals, giving me a hug before running off to tell the other girls. I sigh and lean back on the bed with my head all in a flutter. What's the point of even going to that stupid dance? I think, it's not as if its like compulsory or anything... It's just gonna be a bunch of bad music and cheap outfits. Ughh. I get up and get ready to go out.

We meet Y/n at the entrance of some boutique that specialises in formal dresses, and from the looks of it - it's very high end and classy.
 "Um, Mina, are you sure we can afford this place?" I say, scratching my head.
Even Mina looks a little uncertain; "Well I sure can't, Y/n just told us to meet here."