Chapter 28- Moving On

"I have no idea what just happened, but if Khaled doesn't pick us after all of that, what are we doing with our lives?" Emily asked.

"Uh, I think Beca and (Y/n) have something they'd like to share with the group," Amy said.

"Thanks, Amy," I said sarcastically.

"I was going to say something earlier, but we were involved in a hostage crisis, so-"

"They picked them!" Amy blurted. "DJ Khaled and his team. They didn't pick the Bellas, they picked the two of them. Yeah, so, yeah, they only picked them."

"Yeah, but we said no, because we feel exactly how you feel. We're family, and you don't walk away from family," Beca explained.

"Don't you want to make music?" Florencia asked, smiling.

"No, I guess, but-"

"Girls, you can't say no! You gotta do it. Look, a real family doesn't hold you back. They lift you up," Amy admitted.

"I feel like I've been saying something to that affect the entire time-"

"Ugh, Emily! Smart people are talking right now!" Amy snapped.

We noticed Aubrey crying. "Aubrey, don't please. We won't do it. It's not important," I insisted.

"No, no, no. It's not that. You know, I have to be honest with you guys. Every time I perform in front of people, I feel like I'm gonna puke. And I don't have to anymore. I'm so happy," Aubrey explained.

"No more puking! No more puke!" Amy cheered as we laughed.

"You know what, I think I might just—I don't know, move to Mykonos and become a doula," Aubrey explained.

"A doula?" Florencia asked.

"A birthing coach," Aubrey explained.

"You gonna coach babies?" Cynthia-Rose asked.

Aubrey nodded. "Yeah, it'll be like... come here, little guy. You can do it. There ain't nothing to it. You can do it. You can do it. Come on!"

"Now that gay people can serve in the military, I'mma join the airforce, and let them pay for my flight school," Cynthia-Rose explained.

"I have my abnormal psych exam coming up next week," Emily explained.

"But also you're going to keep writing, so your life isn't filled with crushing regret, right?" Aubrey asked.

Emily nodded. "Yes."

"Well, guys, a music career would interfere with my business, so..." Florencia trailed off.

"Yeah, that little tiny juice truck you work at," Amy realized.

"The juice truck I own and just secured a capital two franchise?" Florencia said, making me beam.

"Cool beans!" Lilly said.

"You talk?" Beca questioned.

"...has finally left my body! Hi, I'm Esther," Lilly said.

"I have many questions."

"You guys," Chloe stood up, "I think it's time that we go on with the next chapter of our lives. It's time for us to move on. You know? We are always going to be there for each other. Because we're family. And I mean, I, for one, am very ready. I got the call that I got into vet school."

"You got in!" Beca said in surprise.

"Yes, I got in. I got in. I'm a vet."

"What about you, Ams?" Beca asked. "Are you sure you're cool with this?"

"Are you kidding me? I just found out I got one hundred and eighty million dollars to put into Fat Amy Winehouse," Amy explained.

"What?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Wait, I could do more shows. Fat Amy Adams, Fat Amy Grant—Ooh, that would be good for Christmas."

"Agreed," I said, smiling.

"Girls." Amy leaned forward, her face contorting.

"Don't. I swear to god, don't make that face. If you cry, then I'm gonna cry. I'm not gonna do this with you today."

"I'm not doing it."

"I hate that face."

"I'm not doing it."

"Don't make that face."

"This is my regular face. You know how much I love you. You get out there, and you crush it. Okay? You crush it so hard that your nips tingle."