Chapter 21- Riff Off 3

Start from the beginning

We looked around, noticing no one was singing acappella. "Oh, check it out. DJ Khaled just rolled up. Hey, guys, come say hi to the new group."

"Oh, hello. We're the Bellas, formally of Barden University, and currently, of life," Audrey introduced us.

"Ladies, howdy," a man said from Saddle Up.

"Ladies, I wanna give you a little forewarnin'. My man has social anxiety when he's not behind the turntables, so easy, alright?" Young Sparrow explained.

"I'm Calamity, this is Serenity, Cassidy, and Charity," Calamity explained, motioning to Evermoist.

"Hi. If I joined your group, I would be Obesity," Amy commented. "Get it?"

"Oh, if you're wondering, our presence here has nothing to do with the nationally televised, salute-to-the-troop special where DJ Khaled is going to pick one group to open for him at the end of this tour," Serenity said sarcastically.

"That was a lot of explanations," Florencia mumbled.

"So there is a competition," Chloe realized. "I knew it."

"So there is," Aubrey said.

"Idiots!"

"You think we care about just watching you guys? It's a competition, hello!"

"You guys just sing other people's songs, right?" Serenity asked.

"Actually, Emily writes original songs for the Bellas," Chloe pointed out.

"I mean, I don't really do it anymore, 'cause I don't wanna-"

"Hey! You with us or against us?" Aubrey questioned.

"And it was one of your dads that gave you the spot on the tour?" Serenity questioned.

"Oh my god," Chloe scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Um..." Aubrey said awkwardly.

"Guys, stop. They just don't like sharing the spotlight, so they're trying to intimidate us," Emily reasoned. "Let's just take the high road and do what we do."

"Thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" Cynthia-Rose asked.

"A riff-off!" Amy realized.

"Wait, yes! A riff-off! Yes!"

"What is a riff-off?" Calamity asked.

"A riff-off is a little game we like to play to see who's better. We start with a topic, uh, let's say Party Songs, and then we lay down a beat," Chloe said, nodding to Lily.

"Aw, yeah! Bring it, Bellas!"

"Go, ladies!"

Lily started to beatbox, and I started the bass. Florencia and Amy were in front.

"I'm comin' up so you better get this party started. I'm comin'. I'm comin' up so you," the girls started.

"Dare look back," Aubrey cut in. "Just keep your eyes on me. I said you're holding back. She said, shut up and dance with me."

"Toot, toot. Lemme give you that. Beep, beep. Runnin' her hands through my 'fro. Bouncin' on twenty fo's. While they sayin' on the radio. It's the remix to ignition. Hot and fresh out the kitchen. Mama rollin'-"

"In my six-four," Amy cut in.

"Badapap!"

"With all my bellas sayin'," Amy started again.

"Swing down, sweet chariot, stop. And let me ride."

"Hell yeah," Amy added.

"Swing down, sweet chariot, stop. And let me ride."