| chapter 16 |

"I'll hold them back

"I'll hold them back." Minho said as he grabbed a gun he found on the floor, "I'll stay with you." I said standing next to him.

"No, Malia go! I'll be right with you." Minho said. "No I'm not leaving you. I won't." I said refusing to leave him.

"Go Malia! Now!" He yelled, and I flinched not expecting it, he never yells at me, his expression softens but I nod at him before running off, Newt grabbed my hand as we ran away.

I turned my head to look at Minho to see him get shot by one of the guards, falling to the floor, squirming around as electric shocks ran through his body.

"Minho! NO!" I screamed as I ran towards him.

"MALIA GET BACK!" Newt yelled at me, Thomas quickly grabbed me before I could get any further. "No! Minho!" I screamed with tears flooding my face.

Thomas's arms were wrapped around my waist, preventing me from going to Minho. I tried getting out of grip but he was too strong.

I watched as Minho's body got dragged away by the guards, "Thomas let me go! Let me go! I need to get Minho!" I screamed at him as I struggled against his hold. Thomas didn't let go as he dragged me out of the way, next to the others.

"Please let me go, I need Minho." I sobbed out, as I stopped trying. Minho got placed roughly on the berg, Janson stood there, as well as Theresa and Ava Paige.

I looked Theresa dead in the eye as well as Janson. I hate them.

I'm going to kill both of them whether it's the last thing I do.

The doors closed, as the berg slowly lifted off and began flying back. Thomas finally let me go and I dropped down to my knees, my cheeks stained with tears as I watched Minho get further and further away from me. I stood back up and faced Thomas.

"Why did you do that Thomas? I could of gotten him!" I yell feeling frustrated, and taking it out on Thomas.

"Because Malia I promised him that I wouldn't let you do anything stupid, and I promised that I would protect you if he couldn't do it himself." Thomas replied frustrated and I turned back around, dropping back on my knees, not saying anything else.

Newt placed a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't look at him. Minho was gone.

I stayed in the same spot all night, I didn't move. I just stared into the sky, I didn't get any sleep. I couldn't, not with Minho gone. My heart broke seeing him get dragged away. I hate myself that I listened to him when he told me to go, I should've just stayed.

If I stayed he still may of been taken away, but at least I would've been with him.

I'm going to do everything in my power to get Minho back, even if that means dying in the process, even if that means doing it all alone. I don't care, as long as I get him back. He's all that matters to me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was now the morning after, everyone or of what the people we had left was helping out, to move us. Newt and Frypan was helping probably trying to distract themselves from what happened. I sat on a rock as I stared at the floor. Thomas also sat next me, he seemed to be in the same state as me, I can't blame him, he lost Minho too and he also got betrayed by Theresa as well.

I think he was more hurt by it than me, yes I was hurt, more mad at the fact she's took Minho from me but, I think Thomas is more hurt because well, he loved her.

We lost a lot of people yesterday. The only ones remaining were myself , Thomas, Newt, Frypan, Brenda, Harriet, Jorge and Vince. We were the only ones left.

They all started making their way towards me and Thomas. We all sat on the rocks quietly before Frypan spoke up. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"I would pick up what's left of us, and stick to the plan, get you kids to safe haven." Vince spoke up, with a sad expression on his face. "And start over, I guess."

"I'm not going." I spoke. Everyone's eyes widened as these have been the first words I've spoke since my departure form Minho.

"What?" Vince frowned.

"I'm not leaving Minho," I said as I looked up at them all.

Vince sighed before he spoke "Kid, look around you, Wicked just kicked our ass. Think about where you're heading,"

"I'm not asking you to come with, but I'm going." I said now standing up.

"Malia, listen to me." Newt spoke up, making me look at him. "I have known Minho for as long as I can remember so if there is any way that we can help him, trust me, I would be standing there with you. But this, what you're talking about, is impossible."

"More like suicide." Jorge spoke up.

"Maybe, but I'm not leaving Minho. But, it's not just about that, it's about Wicked. Think about everything they've done to you. Think of all the people Wicked has taken from you. They've made our lives a living hell and what? Your just going to pack up and start a new life. Well good for you, but I won't be joining you." I finished.

"What about Janson?" Vince asked.

"What about him?"

"He's responsible for all of this but, he's your dad."

"He's no dad to me, Janson took the most important person away from me, I'm going to kill him and Ava Paige." I said confidently. "Even if it's the last thing I do."

"I have to admit, I'd like some revenge." Harriet spoke up.

Vince smirked, "Its a good speech, kid. So what's your plan?" I smiled at him.

We're coming for you Minho.