| chapter 14 |

I hear noises coming from the sky, "Do you guys hear that?" I ask Newt and Frypan

I hear noises coming from the sky, "Do you guys hear that?" I ask Newt and Frypan. "It's sounds like a helicopter." The sound gets louder and louder. I turn my head towards the noise and I squint my eyes to see something coming towards us. Shit.

"Come on, we gotta go!" I yell as I realise it's Wicked. They've found us. I need to find Malia.

Newt and Frypan's eyes widen when they realise that it's Wicked. We all run down the mountain. Everyone has now realised that Wicked have found us, and are running around the camp. "Come on Minho we've gotta go" Newt said trying to grab my arm. "No, I've got to find Malia." Is all I say before I run towards the tents, leaving Newt and Frypan.

"MALIA, MALIA!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, running towards the tent, where Brenda was. Once I reach it, it's all up in flames. "no, no, no, no, no, no,!" I say to myself not wanting to believe Malia is in there, tears already making there way down my face, I go to run inside the tent only to be stopped by two hands pulling me to the side.

Malia.

I grabbed a hold of her and pulled her into me as I kissed her, she seemed surprised but kissed me back.  I thought I lost her, again, this time I was almost certain she was gone. I kissed her like it would be our last kiss.

We separate, breathing heavily. "As much as I love kissing you, we need to go." Malia said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me away, we ran through the explosions of fire, that Wicked were setting. We finally see Newt and Frypan near Vince, helping with the guns.

Newt looks relieved to see us, "Where's Thomas?" Frypan asked. "I'll go find him." Malia said as she turned to leave before I was quick to grab her arm. "No, Malia, You're not leaving, you're staying here, with me." I said, no way am I going to let her run off where Wicked could get her at any time.

"Minho, we need to find him and Theresa, the more we talk about this the more time we are wasting on finding them." She said before pulling herself out of my grip and walking away. I of course run after her while Newt and Frypan yell at us to stay back.

A Wicked guard then points his gun at Malia, shooting it. A ball of electricity comes out making her body drop to the floor. "MALIA!" I scream as I run towards her but before I can get to her, I get shot by the same man, making me drop to the floor, and my eyes slowly close as I see Malia's body getting dragged away.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My eyes slowly opened, as I started getting my consciousness back

My eyes slowly opened, as I started getting my consciousness back. I groaned at the pounding feeling in my head, from hitting my head on the floor when I got shot. I was being dragged as I roughly got shoved onto my knees next Minho. "Group A, subject A3." The guard shouted out after he scanned my neck.

"Fancy seeing you here." I said trying to lighten the mood. Probably not the best time. Minho smiled at me, his cute dimples showing. I hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ran away looking for Thomas, I should of listened, now you're here because of me." I said feeling stupid, and regretting what I did.

He shook his head quickly before kissing my head. "Hey it wasn't your fault, besides we would of been caught even if we had stayed put." As he said that Newt got pushed down next to me, along with Frypan. I hope Thomas and Theresa got away.

Janson then stepped out from no where, and stood at the front of us. He scanned the crowd of people that he had captured before his eyes landed on me, he looked relieved? The conversation with Thomas now popping into my head again.

"Where's Thomas?" Janson yells out as he realises Thomas is no where to be seen.

"Right here," A voice yelled, causing me, Newt, Minho and Frypan to whip our heads towards the voice. Thomas. Why didn't he run? The guards push him towards the front roughly as he gets pushed towards Janson, who in return has a smug smile on his face.

"Thomas!" Janson calls out, greeting him with open arms before Thomas gets close enough for Janson to throw a punch, making Thomas fall to the ground with a groan. I turn my head to the side not wanting to look. The guards then pick him and roughly shove him next to Minho.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he nods at me.

"Why didn't you run?" Minho spoke up.

Thomas shook his head slowly as he replied, "I'm tired of running."

A loud noise erupted through the air, catching everyone's attention. Another berg, it began lowering to the floor, the sand flying around, making us cover our eyes.

My heart began racing in my chest, realising that Wicked has finally captured us, we came so far, so close to freedom, only to get dragged back by Wicked.

The berg landed, opening up to see more Wicked guards come out. Ava Paige, then stepped out, wearing a big white coat, with her blonde hair neatly tied into a low bun. She walked over to Janson as they chatted quietly, so no one but them could hear.

"Load 'em up!" Janson's voice called out, making me panic. I grab a hold of Minho's hand which makes him look over at me. "It's okay, I promise I won't let them-" before he could finish his sentence, I was harshly grabbed by the Wicked guards bringing me over towards Janson. Minho, Newt, Thomas and Frypan calling out my name.

Minho ran up to me, fighting the guards off, as he grabbed me. This made Newt, Thomas and Frypan follow him, we now all stood in front of Ava Paige and Janson. Then Theresa walked out from no where as she came and stood between Janson and Ava with a guilty look on her face.

"What? Theresa?" I said, feeling confused as to why she's standing with them.

"What's going on?" Newt asked, also looking as confused as me.

"She's with them." Thomas said, he looked so... angry, sad, disappointed.

"She's what?!" I asked, looking at Theresa, who looked back at me with a sad expression.

"I'm glad you're safe." Ava Paige said as she placed her hand on Theresa's shoulder.

"Since when?" Minho asked through gritted teeth.

"Theresa has always done everything for the greater good. After we restored her memories it was only a matter of time." Janson brought himself into the conversation.

I looked at Theresa, with hatred, anger, sadness, she betrayed us.

I wanted to scream at her, shout at her, but nothing came out, apart from tears, that trickled down my face as I watched someone who I trusted, turn against us.

"I'm sorry, guys. I had no choice, this was the only way." Theresa spoke, "We have to find a cure."

I shook my head at her, and so did Thomas, not believing her.

"She's right!" Ava Paige spoke up, making us turn to look at her. "This is all the means to an end, you used to understand that Thomas. Whatever you believe, I am not a monster. I'm a doctor and I swore an oath to find a cure. No matter the cost."

"And Malia." Ava Paige spoke making me look straight at her.

"You should be on our side too."

"And why's that?" I question, finding it ridiculous that she would think I would be on there side. Ava Paige looked over to Janson who looked nervous? What the hell is going on?

Janson walked closer towards me, but I stepped back. He seemed hurt by my actions. "Malia... I'm your father." Janson spoke.