"No just wondering what the fuck is up with you?" Gwen said in a small joking manner. He turned his head towards a tree. He looked conflicted.

"Just getting ready to set up Preston's camp, he's doing a costume check," There was a long pause waiting for him to continue. "You?"

"Feel like shit as usual," Gwen said trying to lighten the mood. "So what was that phone call about?"

David froze.

"I've gotta go, have a good day!" David replied and ran off towards the stage and going backstage. Gwen stood there confused but shrugged. It's probably Campbell or some shit. Would he say I love you though? Secret romantic partner? Didn't sound so lovey-dovey.  She went back into the mess hall and waited for David to collect everyone to start the activity. David came back with a joyful smile on his face. "Alrighty, kiddos! It's time for Preston's costume check so let's get down to the stage!"

The round of groans was no match for Preston's enthusiastic cheers while they were walking out to the stage. 

Throughout the whole morning, David seemed pretty spaced out. A few times Preston had come up to him to issue a command to the other kids or to show how to do a tap dance move. Not even a few seconds later he would go back to zoning out. Gwen obviously took note of this and tried to help. Only for David to make some lame excuse and vacate to another part of backstage.

David was definitely acting weird. Over lunch David got another phone call and went off to a more secluded place. Gwen took that chance to round up kids and begin interogating them. So far no one had done anything to set him of. To that extent anyways. 

That night Gwen waited in her cabin for David to come back she was getting worried. He never stayed out late. His pillow and his log were gone from his bed. He's probably just camping elsewhere.

-~Meanwhile~-

David laid out the sleeping bag in a small clearing just off the edge of the forest. He had gotten his pillow and sleeping log earlier after Gregg had called him again. Gosh he hoped that Darla was okay. Angry and sad tears fell down his face. How can people be so careless? How hard is it to pay attention! To do what you're supposed to! He pause this thought process and hugged his pillow  while looking up at the stars. He hasn't been thinking either has he? How could he have been so blind that he was hurting Gwen. She hated him that much. He wished that she had told him sooner so that he knew what he was doing wrong. David turned to his side and stared into the darkness between the trees. Hopefully giving her space would make it a little better. He slipped into his sleeping bag even though he knew it would be another restless night. Although did he expect any different?

 At sunrise he rose with it and got ready for the day. He somewhat enjoyed 'sleeping' outside. There were the stars and it gave him a reminder of two of his dearest and, sadly, deceased friends. Quickly he shook their painful and somewhat guilty thoughts out of his head.  He walked towards and into the councilers cabin to get a change of clothes and quickly walked back out ready for the day. Afterwards he made his way to the Mess Hall to try and help Quartermaster get everything ready for breakfast. That job went by quick aswell and it was time for him to start his trek to the tents to wake up the kids.

"Good morning campers!" He shouted and the day had finally begun. Once everyone was ready and out of their tents he lead them on the mini hike back to the Mess Hall.  During the last five minutes of breakfast Gwen walked in and David stood up getting ready to beeline elsewhere if needed. He popped his fingers and other joints on his way as a slight nervous habit. He didn't want to be around to possibly make her hate him more. He's seen what people do when they hit over their breaking point. Thankfully he was saved. Although one of the people who saved him he couldn't save let alone visit. He would really like to but Gwen didn't need to be left alone with the kids.