Chapter 12 - ॐ

Începe de la început

"Hey?" Taye called and I looked at her. She asked, "You wanna just crash at my place?"

I immediately thought of the night before and dramatically sucked air through my teeth.

She let out a laugh. "Come on, don't be hardheaded. You're cold and wet. It's not like you can go home." She pointed out, "Plus-"

Taye stopped all of a sudden and I looked at her confused before following her gaze. It landed on Andrea outside with my umbrella.

My heart sped up in my chest and she seemed to be looking around for me.

"Is that her?" Taye asked but I didn't hear her.

I felt a warmth caress my hand and looked to see that Taye had placed her hand over mine. It did little to ease my racing heart.

"...You were shaking." She said once our eyes met and I respond quizzically, "I was?"

"...Nah. I'm just cold." I told her dismissively.

What felt like the longest minute finally passed and Taye said, "She left..."

"You can let go." I said, referring to her hand grasping mine. Her grip only tightened and my heart felt like it was going to implode.

"Come home to me, little prince. Oh, why do you keep running~?" Taye asked in a sing-song voice.

I took a deep breath. "Alright, I will. But only because I wanna change out these clothes."

I made sure to make that clear to her.

A bright and exaggerated smile spread across Taye's face causing me to shake my head.

Taye turned the ignition on and her car roared to life. Music began to spew from the speakers and she pulled out of the parking lot.

Taye tossed her keys onto the table near the front and I locked the door. She rid herself of her jacket as she made her way through the apartment, and I stood at the front.

Taye stopped and turned to look at me when she realized that I wasn't following.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"Oh... which door is the bathroom? I wanted to take a shower..." I respond.

"I know, silly. That's where I'm headed to right now. Just follow me..." She said but I didn't budge.

Taye let out a confused laugh and she asked, "Are we both not females or is there a something you've been keeping from me?"

...Wait. She's expecting me to shower with her?!

My eyes widened and Taye grinned at my reaction before she started laughing at me.

"I'm just kidding, it's the first door." Taye said, and a huge sigh of relief left me.

I went to the bathroom and stripped my clothes immediately. I turned the valve to the middle setting and I heard Taye's muffled voice say, "...I'm leaving you a change of clothes on the sink."