2 DADDY CHAPTER 10 PT. 2

Start from the beginning

"We're going on a 10-day family retreat." - Mrs. Kim

"How about the company?" - Jin

"We won't expect major changes and decisions in the upcoming weeks so we're good to go." - Seokjoo

"We were too focused on women's health, we forgot that you also need to be monitored. What happened with dad gave us a wake up call. So we'll check your health." - Sunyong

"And we have to sort out our issues from Jin's recent outburst." - Mr. Kim

"That's good." - Jin

"We'll have a family reconnection. We'll go to a place where we'll be with nature. No signal, no internet, no gadgets too. Say goodbye to Byulie for now and ask the boys to assist her with anything."

~~~~~~

Present time..

"I was supposed to attend the meeting but I got too exhausted from the retreat so I had to ask Seokjin to be at my stead. He was really meeting you that day so he agreed. Well, he planned it too because he wanted to talk to you first before meeting me."

Mrs. Kim adoringly looks at her while taking her hands on hers.

"He had relationships before but he was firm in following whatever we say to him. He had a choice whether to break it or not, especially when he's old enough. But he didn't. We were worried at some point that because of this, he would be afraid to settle down. We never heard him tell stories about a woman with admiration in his eyes until you came. He became more affectionate to us when you got together, which added to our eagerness to meet you. He can express his emotions well now that you are together."

She's just listening to Mrs. Kim. The things she didn't ask Jin before, thinking that it would be too much for him, are the ones she needs to affirm herself more in their relationship.

"Seokjin is a good son, a dependable brother, and a caring uncle. I also know that he is lacking in so many ways but I hope you can forgive him."

She was trying her best not to cry the moment she saw his mother but now she just can't. And she lets it go. She releases all the emotions she's been keeping since she left him without hearing his explanation.

"I know what we did was overbearing. I apologize for going beyond our boundaries. What happened to Minjun was traumatizing for us and we wouldn't want our future daughter in law to bear all the hardships just because we failed in teaching our son. Still, it shouldn't be done."

Shame, guilt, and regret are shown in the matriarch's beautiful face.

"Seokjin is a great partner, Mrs. Kim. You raised him well. I'm at fault too."

She squeezes her hands, assuring her of her forgiveness.

"I shouldn't be here. Seokjin should be the one here with you, but when you came to the hospital yesterday and got checked by Sunyong, I couldn't stand still and do nothing."

Flashback..

"I was looking for her after the meeting but she's gone. I don't know what happened mom. She took her things with her. I don't know what made her upset. She isn't answering my calls."

Seokjin came home crying. He's lost. His angel ran away and was hiding from him.

"Was it because I didn't talk to her for two weeks? But I told the boys to look after her for me."

His parents were sorry for him but they were confused about the situation.

"Your relationship is deemed shallow if you think that's the reason for her disappearance. Think carefully about your past actions." - Mr. Kim