1 :: The One With The Reunion

Beginne am Anfang

Willow smiled and rolled her eyes, giving her friend a little nudge using her elbow, and he laughed at her. Sam also helped with her bags. Of course she didn't just stand there, since it was her bags after all. It took a while to get everything inside, but soon enough it was all done.

"Well then! Which room would you like?" Sam asked.
"Ah, that depends. How many are there?" Willow asked politely.
"Well, me and Charles share a room, and then there's two more guest rooms. So I thought we'd live two and two. Aaliyah is sleeping in the room at the far end of the hall." Sam explained.
"Ah, I guess I'll just share a room with her then. If she doesn't mind of course" Willow said.
"Yeah, she was really excited to see you again so that's fine." Sam said with a calm smile on his face.
"Well then! I can take all of this Over there myself. I'll see you!" She said happily and began rolling her two suitcases down the hall, with two bags on her shoulders.

Sam waved at her before returning to his own room, where Charles was playing Mario on an old 8bit Nintendo. This was Charles grandmother's house, and she was out of town, so she had told him that he and his friends could stay there for the whole summer break if they'd like. It was very old fashioned as the whole village was built in the early 1800's.

Willow would sneak inside of the room, where she found Aaliyah sleeping on the top of the bunk bed. She smiled as she placed her suitcases and bags by the door, before carefully closing it, making a nervous expression due to the severe creaking noises of the door as she closed it. She then breathed out, thinking she had been smooth.

"What time is it?" A female voice asked from behind, and Willow quickly turned around to see Aaliyah sitting up in the bed, rubbing her eyes. Her dark skin shone beautifully in the soothing light of the only lamp in the entire room. Her big, very dark brunette bun was oblique and messy.

"Good morning, sunshine" Willow said in a soft tone, waiting for the girl to realize, which didn't take long. Aaliyah froze and then looked up at the girl.
"Willow!!! You're finally here, girl!!" The girl exclaimed and threw her arms around Willow.
"Hey, Aaliyah" Willow replied with a soft smile.

Aaliyah then turned her head to see herself in the mirror, and she gasped dramatically.

"Oh, dear God. My hair!" She exclaimed jokingly.
"So! How's it been with your brother in LA?" Willow asked and took a seat on her bed as Aaliyah sat down by the desk with the mirror above it, fixing her hair. She took out her big, white hair elastic, letting her hair frantically point out in all possible directions. She sighed as she brushed it.
"It's been okay I suppose. I haven't met a single celebrity yet." Aaliyah replied with disappointment in her voice.
"Ah, well. I bet you the time will come" Willow motivated her, and she could see her friend smiling in the mirror.
"I hope so. Or moving from California was a big mistake." Her friend said and they both laughed a little.

They sat in silence as Aaliyah put her hair back up in a bun. They both then flinched as the door swung open.

"Guess who's here!" Charles said happily.
"Already!?" The girls exclaimed both at once, causing them both to giggle. They then hurried downstairs along with Charles. Sam was already there.
"Hey, girls!!!" The female said, waving happily. Her short, red hair was all soaked, letting the drops from it leave wet marks on her gray shirt.
"Hey, Marla!" Aaliyah exclaimed happily and the three girls hugged.
"Hey, this might be a girl thing but I was a hug too!" Seth exclaimed, making the girls laugh, and they hugged him aswell.
"We better get the bags upstairs." Marla said, but Seth raised his hands to his own shoulder level.
"Hey, we'll take care of it. You three go ahead and hang out." He said, looking at Sam and Charles who nodded as agreement.

Yet Marla refused to let them carry all of her stuff, and resolutely grabbed her own bags, carrying them upstairs. She had always been like that, and she probably always would be, but her friends didn't see any problem with her being independent. If anything, Seth found it attractive.

"So, how's it going with Marla, man?" Charles asked Seth as they were heading downstairs from Marla and Seth's bedroom after leaving the things. The girls had locked the door to Aaliyah and Willow's room to catch up.
"Still straight forward as ever, huh?" Seth said and sighed with a smile on his lips. "Well," He continued. "We're not an object so far. I'm too much of a wuss to tell her."
"Come on, man! It's not that hard. Just-" Charles began but Sam cut him off.
"Don't be too hard on him. And also, you shouldn't be talking. You haven't dated anybody in your whole life." The boy said teasingly, smiling widely as his best friend's eyes narrowed.
"Don't get cocky just because you've dated people before. That was back in high school." Charles said and rolled his eyes, receiving a nudge from his best friend.

==============================

Edit: W o w - I never expected this story to get any views at all to be honest. Thank you so much to my first ever readers!❤️