1 :: The One With The Reunion

The brunette girl would sit in the driver's seat of her dark blue 1979's Volvo pickup truck. Her hands were tightly wrapped around the steering wheel as she drove towards the village Lyndhurst. She had been driving for over seven hours now, and it was 1am in the morning. She muttered inaudible words to herself as she drove through the heavy rain, forced to use the windshield wipers over and over again constantly. She switched gears as the light finally turned green and drove full speed towards the said city.

She hated the weather in the UK. She always had. Yet somehow, despite the cold weather and rainy days, people were still attracted to the country. She laughed shortly, making it sound like more of a sudden exhale, as she thought about it. Suddenly, her phone rang. She looked down at the electronic device and picked it up, not checking who was calling.

"Willow Collins." She said as she picked up, waiting for a response.
"Ah, Willow! Thank God you picked up. Me and Charles are already here. We're waiting for you, and all the others. Except for Aaliyah. She came and went to bed immediately." A male voice spoke, and Willow smiled, knowing who it was.
"No, thank God you called, Sam. And that sure sounds like Aaliyah." She said jokingly, smiling even wider as she heard her friend chuckle calmly over the phone.
"We pray for you, you kn-" Her fellow friend was cut off, and a roaring noise could be heard as the phone on the other line was moved around.
"Sam?" Willow asked nervously, unsure what was happening.
"Wrong! The name's Charles!" The guy on the other line said, and Willow brightened up again.
"Hey dumbass, nice to talk to you too. Now give the phone back to Sam" She said with a smile on her face. She could nearly hear her friend's mischievous smile through the phone.

Although Charles did as she asked, and Sam was back after a few seconds.

"So! How's Cambridge been working out for ya?" Sam asked. His German accent wasn't too strong at the moment. It usually got stronger when he was nervous, stressed, scared or tired.
"Eh, it's okay I guess. How about Harvard? I heard the good news about you two getting in." Willow replied, avoiding giving a proper answer.
"Well, it's a true miracle that Charles got in, being the Dumbass he is, but it's all going well. We have most classes together so that's cool" Sam said.

Willow had always liked Sam. He gave off a chill and safe vibe. On the other side, his best friend was more of the definition of chaos. She smiled for herself as she thought about it all, still driving through the heavy rain, having almost only the street lights show her the way through the darkness of the early morning.

"Hey! I can see all of the houses from here!!" Willow exclaimed excitedly as she looked forward, steering the car with her left hand and having the other one pressing the phone against her ear.
"Aye, that's great! Charles did you hear that? She's here already" Sam said happily, and Willow could hear Charles voice say something muffled in the background, sounding enthusiastic.
"Well, then. I better save my battery. I'll see you boys." Willow decided to end the call, and they said goodbye before hanging up.

"Thank God I'm here. No more heavy rain for another few hours!" She thought happily to herself as she entered the village. She had nearly forgotten how incredibly old the whole town was. The buildings looked like they were bult in the 1700's, Atleast as far as Willow knew. She would find the given adress and park outside. Luckily, the roof of the house reached out far enough to provide somewhat of a shelter from the rain for her car. She smiled and went up to knock on the door, but she didn't have to. It opened djust as she came close enough.

"Heyyy!!" Charles said happily and they hugged. Yet, Sam stood politely behind him, waiting for the two of them to finish before hugging Willow himself.
"Hey. We've missed you a lot" He said calmly as he embraced her, kissing her cheek, and Willow did the same.
"I've missed you two too." Willow said calmly, carefully placing her hair behind her ear with her fingers before walking back to the car.
"Excuse all of the luggage." She said nervously as she opened the door to the backseat.
"Eh, we expected nothing less from you. You're a girl after all." Charles teased as he began taking the bags out of the car.