three.

cench would get up from his bed, looking at the time. it was currently 2 p.m., earlier than when he usually gets up.

his boy wanted him to take his sister out to see what they do, so that wasn't any problem for cench.

amir was the oldest and the person out of the two siblings he knew the most. though he hoped he got to know the younger sister a bit more. 

he promised his friend that he wouldn't try to hit on his sister, but he's not sure he can keep that promise.

what took you so long?" the male would say as he drove off, looking at the woman.

"i was doing my makeup i lost track of time." he would chuckle and shake his head, amused by her response. was she putting on makeup to walk around town? he didn't understand the minds of girls.

"the longer you did your makeup, the shorter we would be outside." he would say bluntly as he reversed and headed on his way.

she would playfully roll her eyes as she would sit back in the passenger seat.

"do you always act this rude and fake nonchalant?" she would ask as she fixed her makeup a bit in the car.

she didn't want to be there but her brother told her she had to see outside, so here she was.

"the fuck is fake nonchalant?" he would ask as he drove down the street, glancing at her and the road.

"acting like you're this cool dude but it's just a complete act. which i think you're doing right now." she would say not looking at him and still fixing her makeup.

he would shake his head because he knew that the woman was wrong. fake nonchalant? what type of bullshit was that?

he continued to shake his head as he continued to drive, thinking about what she said in the back of his head.

he couldn't lie, it got to him.

as they would drive he would point out places that he and her brother would stay around, her taking a couple of pictures and nodding at what he had to say.

"your brother says you're here for school, what's your major?" he would ask as they stopped at a red light.

"liberal arts. writing creative pieces like poetry, articles, and maybe books. can't put a specific thing on it but you're mostly writing."

"that's a lot, i see why you never come out of your room whenever i'm over by your brothers. you're just super busy doing all these things, it's good that you're focused on your education."

she would nod as she leaned the chair back, looking at the male. "all i focus on is school, though i know at some point i do need to take a couple of breaks."

"well you're taking a break now, though not the way you hoped you were. come with me to get some food for your brother and us." he would say as they pulled up to a jamaican restaurant, gesturing for her to get out first.

she would roll her eyes but begrudgingly agree, getting out. like a girl who barely got out much she would be behind cench, much to his annoyance.

he knew she didn't get out much but she didn't have to attach herself to him like a lost dog.

after pushing her back she would stand up taller, going to sit down at one of three tables in the small and cramped shop. she would tap at her fingers until she decided to text her best friend. her friend decided to go to a college closer to her so they would barely be able to contact each other. 

she would simply text her that she was doing okay and whenever she was free they should Facetime at some point. after sending the text she would get a tap on her shoulder, looking at cench that was 3 people away from being at the front.

"what am I getting for you." he would mutter, looking at the girl.

"curry shrimp and white rice with veggies." she would simply say, glancing at him before going back to her phone. he would grimace at the white rice but nod as he got to the front of the line and ordered for her, him, and camir's brother.

once all the food came they would promptly leave and get inside the car once more. she would look outside as cench would talk about specific areas they stomped around from time to time. she would be a bit interested, not knowing the life her brother lived.

though cench was watering down quite a lot, he didn't think she was ready or prepared to hear the actual truth. after a couple of minutes, they would make it to the brother's apartment. they would put everything down and everyone would start eating.

camir and cench would lock eyes for close to five minutes before unlocking their eyes and camir walking into the bedroom to finish the rest of her food. he shook his head, confused about why they kept looking at each other like that. he would go back to talking to amir, not telling him anything.

what the fuck was that about? and why didn't I look away sooner?