13| Showing A Fool Of Myself

⚠️ WARNING: PANIC AND SADNESS ⚠️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It turned dark, I was sat at the fire. "Katerina". I turned to the voice. There was no one. "Hello?". I stood up and started walking around. "Katerina". The voice said again. I started panicking.

I ran to the door and tried opening it. It was locked, I looked back. I gasped, as someone grabbed my wrist. It was Damon. He held his finger to his lips to tell me to be quiet.

Pretend you are Elena and Elijah is Damon:

I was breathing heavily. "Katerina". The voice continued to say my name. Damon signalled his head to follow him. I did what he said. He led us down the corridor. He stopped. I frowned. We both heard tapping.

It got louder and louder. Damon's neck snapped. I gasped and looked down at his body. I ran upstairs and closed the door. Stefan came walking in quickly. I gasped and sighed.

"Katerina, where's Damon?". "I don't know, his neck snapped, we heard this tapping noise, I ran up here, where have you been, where's Elena?". "Elena's at home, I was checking up on her". I sighed. "Thank you".

"Are you alright?". "Who was in the house?". "It was probably Klaus playing tricks on you, I think he knows your here?". "Course he does, it's what he does". "Katerina, I know that your scared and paranoid, but don't worry too much".

"I won't, I'm tired, I'm gonna get some rest, goodnight Stefan". "Goodnight Katerina". I slept on the sofa. Time passed, Stefan felt me. I was freezing. He got a blanket and wrapped it around me, he lit the the fire. Stefan watched over me, as I slept peacefully.

He sighed and drank bourbon. Damon walked in. "Playing guard watch brother?". Damon chuckled. Stefan laughed a little bit. "Is she still shaken up?". "I'm not sure, I haven't asked her". "Where's Elena?". "At home, she didn't want to stay, I went over earlier".

Damon nodded. "Just everything that's happened, how many times I haven't been able to protect her, I can't keep her out of my sight". "It's going to be okay Damon, she's right here, with you, she loves you, you know that, don't you?". Damon nodded.

The next day passed. I woke up on the sofa with blankets over me. Damon walked over to me. "Morning, how are you feeling?". "I'm good, how are you?". "I'm good". "Where is everyone?". "They should be coming over soon, um Katerina, there's something I need to tell you".

"What is it?". "Klaus wants more from you". "More, what do you mean more?". "He wants you". I started crying. "He picks apart every single thing I say and do, the way he wants me to be, it makes me feel like I don't deserve anything, it just gets worse, he attacked me already".

Damon pulled me in a hug. "I did what he asked, I did what he asked". I was sobbing and shouting.

Pretend you are Elena:

"I'm here for you, I promise it's all going to be alright, it's going to be alright, come on let's get some sleep"

"I'm here for you, I promise it's all going to be alright, it's going to be alright, come on let's get some sleep". He stroked my hair, as my head rested on his shoulder.

I started dozing off, I soon fell asleep in his arms. He picked me up and carried me to his bed. He turned off all the lights and let me sleep. Damon went back downstairs. "Where's Elena?". "She's in my bed, she went to sleep early, she was tired". Damon nodded.

"How's Katerina?". "Not good, she told me how she felt and ended up breaking down". "Breaking down, over what?". "She thinks she didn't live up to Klaus's expectations, she thinks she could have done better to him".

"Just let her rest, she's been through enough, both of them have". Stefan nodded.