An Old Memory Pt. 2

"So... Have you always lived here in Sokovia?" T'Challa asks.

"Um- yes, I h-have." Lilli consists, "my p-parents moved here from a s-small village u-up north."

"Oh, that is fascinating. All of my family- my mother, sister, grandparents, father, even my ancestors- they've all been born and raised in my village, Wakanda." He says informatively.

"That s-sounds like a lot of h-heritage." She considers, "I wish t-that I had t-that. I don't k-know much about m-my family before my m-mama and p-papa."

"Well..." The prince thinks, "do you have any knowledge of your ancestor's way of speaking?"

She furrows her eyebrows in confusion, barely comfortable speaking English terms.

"Oh, sorry... I mean, do you speak- what is it- Sokovian? Did I get that right?" T'Challa rambles a little nervously.

"Y-yes you did," Lilli lets out a giggle, "I do speak Sokovian."

"Well, I would love to hear something- if you don't mind."

"Of c-course, umm... Îmi place foarte mult ținuta ta, în special brățara ta, e foarte tare." She smiles.

"Wow, that's sounds amazing- what does it mean?" He questions giddily.

"I said t-that I really like y-your outfit, especially your b-bracelet, its really c-cool." Lilliana repeats.

No one's ever showed any sense of amazement towards her- besides her family members. Lilli feels so grateful for something so simple. It's rare.

"That is amazing! Who taught you how to speak it?" The prince asks.

"W-well I am not s-sure- I've been s-speaking it my w-whole life- my p-parents, maybe."

"Still- I've been asking my father to teach me more of my ancestors language, but he's been very busy lately. Being King is a difficult job, I'm sure- but I have learned a few words from my mother." He announces.

"T-thats great, I-"

"T'Challa!" A distant man's voice calls out, breaking up their conversation.

"Oh, that's my father. I must be going." He scrambles to his feet.

"Well, I w-wish you luck with y-your speaking." Lilli smiles kindly as she waves him goodbye.

"I hope to see you again, soon, Lilliana."

"Y-yes, me t-too."

The Maximoff carries her, now clean, laundry to her home, as the young prince runs back to his father.

"Who was that girl?" T'Chaka asks curiously, raising his pointer finger in her direction.

"That was Lilliana." He states simply, "she is very kind."

"Is she, now? Well, it's nice to see you making friends."

"Yes, so am I."

--------------------------

The young girl is now lying in her shared twin bed with Wanda, her parents sleeping with Pietro in the next room.

Lilliana: The Oldest Maximoff [Discontinued]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara