The Value Of A Soldier's Life

Start from the beginning

"Don't tell me you forgot about me soldier boy. Of all the freaking nerve." The voice growled as Eddie Brock realized who it was.

"Wait....Hasky!?" Eddie yelled, trying to make sense of what was inside his head.

"No shit Sherlock. Though this is more or less your subconscious using Hasky's voice as a means of encouragement like you requested." The voice replied.

"Sorry I am a bit surprised. I would have expected Annie to be that shining light, plus you almost sound like Launch with a British accent." Blue replied with a smile, knowing he would get a reaction with those last few words.

"Remind me to kick your ass when you get back to Aunt May's you blasted bugger." Hasky growled and for some reason he could hear a gun cocking inside his head.

"Yep, your definitely not Knull. That's a relief."  Eddie smiled.

"You want my help or what wise guy?" Hasky responded.

"I could always use your advice." Eddie said.

"Okay, remember that headquarters has been set to self destruct, so you only have time to go after your father or save the soldiers. With Venom, Launch, and those other losers focused on Commander Red and Tarkin, you need to focus on getting everyone else to safety. Carlton Drake and your father will pay and if not by King Furry or Goku and his friends, then I am sure we will hunt them down if they escape. People like Gebo Gero and others don't need to pay for their bosses' sins." 'Hasky' informed.

"But how can I save that many people? By now my father probably has convinced them all that I am a traitor." General Blue asked, doubting himself.

"'Traitor' or not they will follow you. They respect you as a leader and considering you are trying to lead them away from a fiery fate placed down upon them by their other superiors they will see sense. All you need to do is trust your instincts and give that stupid hero speech one often sees in movies. It's your moment to shine soldier boy." Hasky's voice replied.

"Thanks Hasky. I needed this pep talk." Eddie smiled as he parked his bike.

"What in Kami's name are you talking about? Remember stupid, I am just your subconscious projecting the voice of your best friend." Hasky replied.

"Best friend?" Blue asked.

"Like it or not I am your best friend stupid. Now go be a hero asshole. You can do it." Hasky said which the voice finally finished speaking to Eddie.

"Thank you." Blue smiled as he made his way through the crowd, who was now for the most part waking up from all the blazing alarms. "Hey everyone, can I have your attention!"

"General Blue?" One soldier asked.

"Didn't he desert us?" Another asked.

"Yeah, General Blue abandoned us! Just like Colonel Violet!" Another yelled.

"Would you all stop bickering! Can't you see I am trying to save all your lives!" General Blue shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Save our lives?" One soldier asked.

"From what exactly?" Another asked.

"As you can hear, the self destruct trigger has been activated! In less then ten minutes, this entire complex is about to explode." Blue announced, causing the crowd to go into a frenzy.

"Self destruct?! But we all will get killed!"

"This is all the symbiotes' fault! Goku/Venom, Launch/Pistole, Mai/Vendetta. Even some of their friends! They forced Commander Red to do this!"

"First Officer Black will know what to do! Where is he?"

"This is all Venom's fault! He doomed us! He doomed humanity!"

"I assure everyone that this is not Venom and Goku's fault. Carlton Drake and his associate Charles Tarkin have decided your fate before Venom and his friends could even reach their office! Those two are solely to blame for your deaths and no one else!" Eddie shouted as he got on a higher platform for everyone to see him, which got the attention of everyone. He knew his father well enough to pull a stunt like this, but could confirm it with himself since he could sense their sin radiating from inside the headquarters.

"And how would you know that? I know you worked with Commander Red more closely than most of us, but isn't this a little extreme even for him?" A soldier asked.

"No its not, especially with Tarkin breathing down his neck." Blue answered.

"Tarkin? I thought Red was the boss?" The same soldier asked.

"No, Tarkin had been pulling the strings this entire time. Red is just a figurehead, with my father running things since the very beginning. I have experienced true hell thanks to Tarkin and I am making sure none of you share the same fate as me." Eddie revealed, somewhat enjoying the shock and awe. They truly couldn't get over the fact about his blood relation to Tarkin.

"Hell? We are all about to die and you are complaining that Tarkin, somehow being your father, has shown you what hell is like? Yeah okay emo." Said one of the soldiers as the man waved off Blue.

In response, Eddie bursted into flames, becoming the Ghost Rider in front of everyone's eyes. Gasps and cries of horror overcame the crowd as the flaming skeleton in the motorcyclist uniform stood before them all.

"Yes, I have seen true hell thanks to Tarkin, and now you all see the results. Now flee before you share my fate!" Ghost Rider shouted, making the whole crowd flee for terror. Since they were all leaving the compound, it had felt justified since all their lives would be spared. However, Eddie felt something amidst, as if there was someone missing from the entire mob.

"You!" Ghost Rider shouted as he whipped his chain at the nearest soldier and pulled him back towards him.

"Please let me go General Blue! Don't eat my soul!" The officer cried. Eddie could smell the piss run down the poor man's pants, something he somewhat felt bad about.

"At ease soldier. Tell me, where is Lieutenant Gold?" Ghost Rider asked.

"Lieutenant Gold went over to the canine compound. I don't know what for though. Can you please let me go?" The soldier asked.

"Yes you may go. Thank you for your assistance." Ghost Rider said as he let the soldier scurry away. Groaning at knowing what Gold was intending to do, Eddie ran towards the canine unit house, to rescue his friend.

"Gebo you stupid fool. Why the hell would you risk you life like this?" Ghost Rider asked out loud, desperate now that he only had three minutes to spare.