Undeck The Halls

It was Christmas Eve at the Dunphy house! Our mom forced us to wear ugly christmas sweaters. We're about to facetime my grandma and grandpa from my dad's side!

"Do we really have to wear these ugly sweaters?" Haley complained as she was looking down on her sweater.

"I feel so weird wearing this. It's so long too." I said scratching the places that itch.

"It's just until Grandma can see them." My mom complained. I can tell she was getting mad at us.

"My neck hole is too small." Luke complained as he was grabbing the sweater.

"Mine's itchy," Alex said.

"You know what? I'd rather be itchy than choky." Luke admitted.

"Mom, why does mine have a unicorn on it? Way to girly." I said with disgust.

"Come on, Phil. Hurry up." Mom demanded as she was fixing her hair.

"Okay, here we go." Dad said really fast. He started to type and we got connected.
"Connecting." Dad kept saying. My dad put his hand over his mouth to make it sound like a walky-talky.

"Come in, Florida! Over! Mom? Dad?" My dad kept saying with his hand covering his mouth.

"Hello Philip!" My Grandpa said. Than my dad looked at us.

"Merry Christmas eve!" We all said together. We tried to stay happy even though the itchiness was getting to us.

"Merry Christmas Eve." Grandpa exclaimed. He is still getting used to these electronic devices.

"A little lower, Dad." My dad told him. Dad made hand moves to show Grandpa where to put the camera.

"Merry Christmas eve." Grandpa said in a deeper voice. We all laughed.

"Not what we meant!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you. Thanks for the sweaters!" Our mom thanked.

"Oh, you're welcome. You look beautiful in them, darling." Grandpa complimented.

"Where's Mom?" Dad asked.

"Mom is sinking fast. She's in the bathtub. Get it?" He said. We all laughed to make it less awkward.

"They have that claw foot." My dad said.

"Honey, come on!" Grandpa shouted.

"Hey, Pops, here's the tree. There's the ornament you sent us. Right here.
Right here." My dad started to move the camera around.

"There are the stockings, hung by the chimney by Claire.

"Ah, still funny, son." Grandpa said. We all laughed until my mom said something.

"What the hell is that?" She asked and began to point at the couch.

"What's that? It's like a cigarette burn. Was one of you smoking a cigarette?" My mom kept assuming. There was a huge black hole in the couch and a little smoke was coming out.