En Garde

Me and the entire family were at Manny's fencing competition, Manny was fighting someone and he won! We all cheered!

"Bravo! Bravo!" Gloria said clapping her hands. He just kept winning and winning.

"Did you know that fencing goes back to the 12th century?" Alex asked us. Why did she have to bring education to a fencing competition?

"You know what's even nerdier then fencing? Knowing when it began." Haley said as she was texting on her Phone. Haley has the best roasts.

"I don't think you're a nerd Alex." Luke said.

"Shut up, dork." Alex didn't get mad at Haley, but she got mad at Luke?

"I really don't understand you guys at times." I said as I was folding my arms. We continued to watch Manny's fencing. He was really good!

"Oh no my phone died." Haley said, she began to frown.

"No biggie. Your battery probably just statically defracticated." Alex said. She got Haley's phone and I can tell she was going to make up a lie so Haley would look stupid. Alex took out the battery and Haley looked confused.

"What?" Haley asked as she was raising her eyebrows.

"It means you can charge it with static electricity." Alex lied. Alex did this prank to me many times, so I'm excited to see Haley fall for it.

"Just rub it on your hair." Alex told her. Haley believed her, she began to rub the Phone on her hair. I smiled, this was going to be great. Our uncle Cam began to run around recording everything, a ton of people were staring. Then I overheard my grandpa talking to my parents about something.

"I know you don't care. But it's kind of cool to have a kid in your house who's the best at something. You know what I mean?" My grandpa Jay said. I thought about me and my siblings. What are we good at? Well Alex is good at school things, she's really smart. Um Haley? She's good at being- Gorgeous! She can find someone who's the best at something. I'm good at (say your hobby) and Luke.. well I honestly don't know about Luke.

It was getting close to the end. And surprise! Manny won the Match.

"How about a nice round of applause for our winner, Manny Delgado." The announcer said. We all began to clap and cheer. Haley was still rubbing her Phone on her head.

"Manny will now be competing in the championship's against Caroline Markum." The announcer said.
"We'll see you all again back at 4:30." Manny looked nervous. I'm guessing Caroline was one of his big competitors. Me and the rest of the family gathered by each other. We congratulated Manny.

"I wanna thank you guys for coming by and supporting the kid. You guys are the best!" My grandpa Jay told us. Grandpa then patted his arm on my dads back, but harder. My dad fake laughed.

"Ow! Why, Claire?" My dad complained. We went home. A couple hours pass by and Haley was still rubbing her Phone against her hair.

"There must be something wrong with this Phone. I've rubbed it on my head for, like, an hour." Haley sighed. Should I tell her?

"What?" My mom looked confused. She then realized what was going on.
"Alex." My mom looked over. Alex looked proud that she fooled Haley.