five

"I really need to make more friends" I whine to myself as I check my dry phone for the 10th time.

Monoma is the only one I now really count as a friend, and crush but of course he doesn't know that. I talk to people but not really as anything more than acquaintances. Like classmates.

I'd text him, but I'd end up feeling to clingy. How long have I been friends with him now? A month and a half just about I think.

I sigh, jumping up from my bed. I get dressed and leave the house, unsure of where to go or what to do. All I know is I'm bored and don't feel like staying home.

I start my walk down the street as I skip over lines in the side walk, counting random things I pass by, like the trees and cars. I consider texting Monoma and getting over myself, but then I remember his class has to stay after for something.

I find myself enjoying the walk by myself, however. It's nice outside and not a lot of people out. Plus it helps clear my head a bit.

I soon find myself walking around the park. There are kids playing at the playground, which makes me smile a bit. Maybe someday.

I walk past, ignoring the sudden crying toddler not wanting to leave the park so soon.

Eventually I find myself avoiding the lines and cracks in the sidewalk, counting each line and crack in that cement I see.
I should take walks more often...

Just as the thought crosses my mind I bump into something, or someone. I tumble back, managing to keep myself standing, but just barely.

My eyes shoot up to apologize to the unfortunate person who I bumped into and freeze nearly immediately.

"Who the hell-!?" Bakugo turns to see me and stops. Before he can say anything I interrupt.

"I-Im sorry! I didn't mean to- I mean I wasn't paying attention and-" "Oi shut up already" he says, making me go quiet.

He seems to notice how tense I am, making him roll his eyes. "Are you busy?" "What-" "Are ya busy or not?? Just answer the damn question." He says, sounding irritated as he crosses his arms.

I shake my head no. "N-no actually.. Um why?" I ask confused. I don't get a response though as he turns around, shoving his hands into his pockets as he begins to walk away.

"Uh.." I mumble. He glances back at me briefly. "Well? Are you coming or not!?" He shouts. "Oh!" I run to catch up to him in realization.

The walk is quiet as I fidget with the hem of my shirt, him hardly acknowledging my existence as I walk slightly behind him.

"What are we doing here..?" I mumble the question meant to be thought, out loud. "You'll see." He shrugs.

"O-ok." I hesitate not knowing why I followed him in the first place, but at least we're somewhere public which calms my nerves. I look around the shopping center full of people as we walk up to the same store I met him at.

"Hey, stay here. Go anywhere and I'll kill you for wasting my damn time" he growls as we stop in front of the store. I nod, not completely doubting that statement.

He walks in, leaving me to stand awkwardly on my own by the store entrance. I stand there as I stare at my phone, trying my best to stay there patiently and avoid random eye contact with anyone.

After about 10 minutes I begin to think he ditched me here. Just as I begin to consider risking it and leaving he walks out, a bag in hand.

I look at him and the bag curiously as he approaches, practically throwing it at me. I barely manage to catch it.

I look up at him in confusion and he glares at me slightly, letting me know I should probably look inside.

I open it up to see a stuffed animal. The same one I meant to get last time I was here, but because of what happened it slipped my mind. I look up at him in both confusion and surprise.

"Take that as and apology for nearly blasting your skull in. Don't expect anything else." He shoves his hands in his pockets, looking away slightly embarrassed at the kind action.

I smile before walking up and hugging him lightly, making sure to pull away quickly before he can react.

"Thanks! Oh and, it's alright. It healed up surprisingly fast and it was my fault for jumping in front of you." I say sheepishly as I smile at him.

He let's out a 'tch'. "Yeah yeah. Well next time don't be a dumbass and maybe you won't get hurt." He scolds. I laugh awkwardly.

"Y-yeah maybe.." I mutter. "Now hurry up and I'll walk you back." He begins to walk ahead of me and I follow behind him confused.

"Huh? You don't have to-" "Shut up already. I'm doing this because I don't have anything else to do. Damn Shitty hair had last minute plans come up." He scoffs in annoyance.

I smile. "Ok then but on the condition you have to be my friend." I state smugly, getting a hang of his personality.

"Hah!? Fuck that!" He states, yet continues to walk along side me.
"Hmm that's too bad huh." I shrug, frowning slightly.

He glances at me before changing the subject. "What's your quirk anyways?" He asks.

"Fireflies. It's not much really... I can basically just emit these firefly like things from my hand, they light up and I can control them somewhat." I sigh, looking at the palm of my hand.

"Sounds useless."
"It is."
Just as I say that he looks at me as if I've offended him or something.

"Hah!? At least argue back or somethin. Don't just give some sad ass reply!" He scolds, hitting the side of my head, but not hard enough for it to hurt too much. I look at him in confusion as I rub the side of my head.

"Uhh... Ok??" I say, not sure what he means. 'Tch' he turns around and we continue walking.

Don't know what he means by that, but I assume I just made a new friend.