two

· A Walk Home ·

"Y/n, are you okay? You almost fell over there." I hear Monoma say. "Y-yeah I just..." I mutter as I try to think clearly. The dizziness begins to fad away after a moment. It was weird and sudden.

I look back to see Katsumi and the girls still where she was before, her standing arms crushed. My eyes narrow at her. Did she really use her quirk on me? That's low...

Her quirk is dizzy wave. When she touches someone she can make them dizzy, just like what just happened to me. It only works if the person is still in her view though, and if I can see her from here I know she can see me. It also only goes into affect for a minute or two.
She's the only reason that would've happened, right?

"Do you want me to walk with you? Just to be safe." I hear Monoma say and look up, nodding slowly. "Okay then" he smiles at me, removing his hands from my waist and shoulder. I blush slightly realizing his hand was on my waist.

We begin walking as we head to the store. "My dad wants me to stop by and get something then go home. It's my birthday so he wants to make a cake together." I explain with a soft smile.

"Ahh okay." He says. He looks like he's thinking about something.

"Do you want to hang out again after today?" I ask sheepishly, tilting my head to the side as I scratch my cheek lightly. So far he's helped me with my friends issue and is walking me. Maybe I can trust him. The only way to see is to hang out with him more, right?

He smiles. "Of course. It's a date~!" He says as he walks ahead of me. I pause as red fills my face. "E-eh!? A date?? But-" I start but he stops and turns to me.

"Relax~ it was a joke. Kind of." He laughs, patting my head. My face goes red as he turns around with a chuckle, as he continues walking. I follow close behind, tint of blush still showing.

We make it to the store and I go to get the milk like my dad asked as Monoma excuses himself to go get something. I wait patiently and fidgeting right outside the door of the store as I wait for him.

I've already checked out. I get slightly nervous anytime someone passes, but I stay waiting.

After a few minutes I see him walk out, looking around before his eyes travel to me and he smiles. I take note of the bag in his hand.

"What did you get?" I ask curiously. "Meh, just a couple of things for home and school. Oh! I did get this." He says as he pulls out something, revealing one of those headbands saying 'birthday girl'.

"What's this fo-" I'm cut off as he places it on my head, moving some of my hair out of the way. I blush slightly embarrassed, seeing a few glances our direction.

"There you go!" He laughs in amusement as he tosses an arm around my shoulder. I look up as if to look at the headband as I reach up and adjust it.

"Do I have to wear this?" I ask with an embarrassed blush. He smiles "of course you do!" He states and we continue walking. I do my best to keep my eyes down to avoid the looks and glances I get from people passing by as we walk.

"Aw, no need to be so embarrassed Y/n. I think it's cute!" Monoma says only making me feel more embarrassed. "I feel like a child wearing this" I mumble with a defeated sigh as I droop my arms down, only earning a laugh from him.

"Oi, Monoma!" I hear and Monoma and I turn to see a girl with orange hair in a side ponytail approaching.

"Oh, Kendou!" He says smiling as he turns around, not moving his arm off my shoulders. "What are you doing here?" He questions and she looks back and forth between him and I. Slightly embarrassed I look down and to the side, avoiding eye contact.