one

· A New Friend ·

I sigh tiredly as I sit in a booth at the back of the ice cream place. I have my back against the wall and my feet on the seats as I push me knees against my chest, slowly poking my cup of (f/k) ice cream with a spoon.

My friends were supposed to meet me here an hour ago. Maybe there was a mix up in the times?

I lift my phone from the empty table as I check the time. 6:02. I hesitate before placing it back down sadly. I guess they ditched me... I go back to eating my ice cream slowly.

I wanted to hang out with my friends today for my birthday. They all agreed to meet me here at 5 so we can all have ice cream then go an a small shopping spree or something.

I waited here alone and awkwardly on my phone for about 45 minutes but they didn't show. Figured I'd get my ice cream as I waited. Still no show.

So now I, F/n L/n, am sitting alone in a corner booth, eating ice cream on my birthday waiting for my friends who aren't even going to show up.
What an amazing day.

I droop my head down, letting it fall in between my chest and knees as I try to fight the tears that begin to tug  at my eyes.
Come on Y/n, don't embarrass yourself anymore please...

Suddenly I hear shuffling around as someone sits across from me. My head shoots up excitedly as I think that maybe my friends are here but I'm disappointed when it's not them, but someone else.

A blonde boy sits across from me as he leans his head on his arm, smiling at me. Something is off about his smile though. I don't say anything as he laughs.

"Hello! Are you just sitting here alone? That's kind of pathetic if you ask me" he says carelessly. That stung. "Good thing I didn't ask you then..." I mutter bitterly, he only chuckles.

"Here, I'll sit with you so you don't get too lonely" he says and my eyebrows furrow. I don't know if I like this guy. Something about him is off putting. I hesitate as I try to think of a way to excuse myself. I don't want to be rude or anything. I just feel uneasy.

"So. What's your name?" He questions, tilting his head, but his smile doesn't leave his face. "F/n L/n" I mumble and he holds a hand out which I hesitantly take as he introduces himself.

He shakes my hand as he says proudly "I'm Neito Monoma.". He lets go and my eyes travel to his uniform. "You go to U.A?" I ask quietly.

He nods. "Yup! I'm in the better class of the hero course." He states, sure to bring out the word "better". I tilt my head in confusion on why that was necessary, but brush it off anyways.

Wait, the guy who just called me pathetic for sitting alone is in the hero course? That doesn't make sense.

Now that I think about it, I do vaguely remember seeing a glimpse of him on TV during the sports festival. During that one where they were on each others backs and he got his bands taken by the blonde who won first place. I think that was him at least.

I figure he's not leaving and I can't gather the guts to, so might as well talk to him. Not like I have anything to do..

"What's it like there? At U.A I mean." I question curiously as I face his direction, putting my legs down beneath the table.

He shrugs "It's a big school and all. Besides all the things we do in the hero course it's similar to a normal school." He explains and I nod in response.

"So, why were you sitting here by yourself? I'm sure a girl like you has friends, yet here you are." He wonders as he leans on the table and looks at me.