Changing times, Breaking docs ~ PEI(m) x Rohde Island(f) ~ Fluff

Start from the beginning

PEI's P.O.V
"UNCLE PRINCEY!" I heard a voice yell before my door flung open. I looked over to see Nora, my niece, standing in the doorway.
"What's up?" I asked her. She ran over and plopped down next to me.
"Mommy let me come fishing with her!" She said, looking up at me with a beaming smile.
"That's great! Did you have fun?" I asked her.
"YUP!" She exclaimed.
"Yeah, she had so much fun she fell right into the water." We heard from the doorway. We turned to see Nova Scotia standing there.
"That was an accident!" Nora exclaimed.
"I know, I know." Nova said with a chuckle. "Daddy's home by the way, Nora." She added.
"DADDY!" Nora yelled before running out of the room and downstairs. Nova walked in and sat down next to me.
"How ya doing bud?" She asked me.
"I'm doing pretty good, I talked to the UN and she started getting the place set up for me to move into." I told her. She gave me a sad look and sighed.
"You don't have to rush out ya know."
"I know, but I don't want to bother you guys forever. It's only fair that I move out. I mean, Nuna, Alberta, and BC already moved out a while ago! And New Brunswick is moving out soon too!" I exclaimed.
"Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. Just go at your own pace." Nova told me with a smile.
"I'm heading out!" New Brunswick popped his head into the room.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"Maine and I have some wedding stuff we need to deal with." He told me.
"Well, have fun." Nova said as she got up.
"Thanks, will do!" He said as he made his way downstairs and then outside.
"I'll head out too." I said getting up.
"Oh? Where?" Nova asked.
"Probably just a walk. I want to give you guys some alone time." I told her with a smile. She gave a small chuckle and messed my hair up as she said,
"Thanks bud. You enjoy your walk." She went down stairs. I grabbed my coat, phone, and headphones and went outside. I put on my headphones and hit play on my phone, then walked away from the house. It was crazy how fast everything was happening. It felt like just yesterday when we had just met the states for the first time. Everything was so much calmer back then. Now everyone was getting married and having kids. I mean, I'm an uncle! To several kids! It's crazy.

Rhode Island's P.O.V
It had been about two weeks of working on the doc, and it was coming along great.
"I think that's a good place to leave it for now." Georgia said as he started packing up.
"Yeah I guess so." I responded, helping him put some tools in the bag. We finished cleaning up and went our separate ways. I suddenly got a notification. I looked down and checked my phone to see Princy had texted.
Princy: Hey, are you busy?
Me: Nope, why?
Princy: New Brunswick's out, Georgia's gonna be back soon, and I want to give them some family time, so I was wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out?
Me: Oh, sure! I would love to!
Princy: Great! Let's meet up at the level transfer by the forest.
Me: Ok, sounds good!
I gave a small squeal. I finally realized that I actually had a crush on him, and now none of my siblings were letting go of it. Regardless, I ran down to the place we were going to meet and waited.
"Hey." I turned to see Princy.
"Hey!" I gave him a hug, which he returned. "So what are we going to do?" I asked him.
"Well I thought we could go have lunch or something." He told me.
"Sure!" We went down to the human level. I never realized how many freckles he had. They were so adorable. We spent the rest of the day together. It was so much fun, I never wanted it to end.
"Come with me." He told me. It was starting to get dark. I followed him down a path. We eventually made it to a lighthouse. He opened the door and we went in. "Up here." He started up the stairs I followed close behind. He opened the hatch at the top of the stairs and climbed out. He turned, bent over, and reached out his hand for me to take. I took his hand and he helped me up.
A quiet, "Wow." Escaped my mouth. It was a beautiful view. It was a pretty plain room. The walls were all windows and in the center was the light, which wasn't on yet.
"Ya like it?" He asked.
"Yeah." I quietly answered as I placed a hand on the window looking out at the water. I heard him open something, so I turned to look. He had opened one of the windows and stepped out onto the very small ledge. "Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed, running over. He chuckled.
"Here." He took my hand and pulled me out.
"AH!" I yelled as I stumbled, almost falling off. He quickly caught me, pulling me in closer. He was still holding one of my hands, and he put his free hand around my waist, pulling me so close that if we were the same height our faces would be touching. Thankfully, I'm shorter than him, the top of my head just barely reaching his chin. I could feel my face burn up.
"There we go." He softly said.
"Allow me to restate my question. Are you crazy?!" I looked up at him. He gave a shy laugh.
"Don't worry, I won't let you fall." He smiled down at me. My stomach filled with butterflies. He's so cute! My whole body was stiff. Partially because we were up so high, and partially because I was pressed up against my crush. I guess he realized how stiff I was. "Relax, it's ok. I do this all the time. You'll be ok." He reassured me. Somehow that did make me feel better. I allowed myself to loosen up. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder as I looked out at the water crashing against the shore. He took a deep breath.
"Hey Rhode?" He asked. I lifted my head and looked at him, my arms still around him.
"Yeah?" I responded. He put his newly freed hand on my face.
"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while, and now it just seems right." He took another deep breath. "I like you, a lot. And if you would be interested, I wanted to ask if you would consider being my girlfriend." He gave an awkward smile. He's so precious. I stood on my tippy toes and planted a kiss on his cheek.
"I like you too, and I would love to be your girlfriend." I smiled at him as I put my feet flat on the ledge again. He gave a big smile. He put his other hand around my waist as well and then rested his head on my shoulder.
"Could I maybe kiss you?" He asked quietly.
"Of course." I answered. He lifted his head slightly and planted a kiss on my lips, momentarily lifting his head before going back for another kiss. We both melted into the kiss. It just felt right. It felt like just yesterday we were little kids jumping on the bed screaming that we could jump higher than the other. And now here we are. Kissing on the ledge of a lighthouse as the sun set. It felt amazing. We both pulled back and he smiled down at me.
"We should probably head back before they start to worry, besides the light will turn on soon." I nodded. He stepped back in through the window, then helped me in. We quickly left the lighthouse and made our way back to our level, hand in hand.

PEI's P.O.V
About a week after the day at the lighthouse I found myself being dragged by Rhode to the start of the forest.
"Why are we going here?" I asked.
"You'll find out!" As we stopped she turned to face me.
"We have to wait for the others here!" She told me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion but didn't question her since it was clear she wouldn't be answering any of my questions. It wasn' long before Newfi and Louisiana got there with Chloe and John, who were arguing about something.
"So what's all this about?" Newfi asked.
"You'll see." Louisiana chuckled. Soon enough Quebec and New York got here with Bella, Nova Scotia and Georgia got here with Nora, and New Brunswick and Maine got here.
"So why were we dragged out here?" Quebec asked as we started walking through the forest, her accent strong as ever.
"It's a surprise." New York told her. Apparently only the states were in on this 'surprise'. After a while of walking I started to recognize the path. This was the way we would walk when we went to the doc. I didn't think much of it though. Until we got to the doc.
"It's fixed?" Nova asked in shock.
"Yup!" Maine exclaimed. "We decided to fix it as a surprise for you guys! It was Rhode's idea." She added. I looked over at Rhode.
"You said it was an important spot to you guys, so I thought it would be nice." She told me with a smile.
"Thanks." I told her with a smile. We spent the rest of the day at the doc. Talking and laughing as the kids played. It was amazing. I pulled Rhode off to the side at one point.
"I seriously can't thank you enough." I told her, wrapping my arms around her waist. She put her arms around my neck.
"You've thanked me plenty." She responded.
"I love you Rhode."
"I love you too, Princy." With that, we melted into a kiss. Everything was changing, but maybe that's a good thing.