Life after War (Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"It's perfect," he assured her hastily, his one good eye conveying his sincerity.

"Oh," she gasped, seeming a little surprised that he had stopped her in order to give her a compliment. However, she quickly got over it and smiled. "Well, that's good. I'm glad you like it, sir."

A brief moment passed in which neither of them knew how to proceed, so they just stayed there, feeling quite awkward. But then the waitress excused herself, murmuring that she had to go clean something. Levi watched her walk away, as if he were seeing her for the first time.

Before, he hadn't been focused on her, but her impeccable tea had caught his attention. Now, he noticed she was actually quite beautiful. And judging by the way she moved around the café, she appeared to be hardworking and competent – two qualities Levi respected.

In fact, he was so absorbed by the waitress that he didn't see Gabi following his stare and smirking. She nudged Falco, and when his eyes flicked to hers, she inclined her head in Levi's direction. Falco glanced at the captain, then shook his head at Gabi, warning her not to get involved in other people's business. However, Gabi merely shrugged him off and turned to Onyankopon, who flashed a conspiratorial grin.

Oh, yeah. They were definitely going to make this happen.

------------------------------------------

Gabi and Onyankopon took every opportunity to steer their group back to that café. Even when everyone wasn't together, Gabi would volunteer to walk Levi into town so he could get a cup of tea. Eventually, Falco gave in and went along with the plot, knowing it was pointless to defy Gabi when she was hell-bent on something.

Unaware of their intentions, Levi never refused when they suggested a trip to the café. Although he kept up his stoic demeanor, he was always glad for the chance to enjoy another cup of (f/n)'s delicious tea – or two, or three, or four. And he secretly delighted in speaking with the woman herself.

Levi discovered that not only did (f/n) work at the café, but she also owned it – an impressive feat, for someone only in her twenties. It had been a dream of hers since her early teenage years, and she worked hard to make it happen. Upon learning this, Levi couldn't help but think back to a time when he himself dreamed of opening his own tea shop, and he felt a nostalgic sort of connection with her.

However, during many more conversations amidst the smell of baked goods and the murmur of background voices, Levi and (f/n) realized they had a lot more in common than just their skill with the aromatic beverage. It was mildly surprising, considering they had grown up on opposite sides of the world and had vastly different life experiences. Yet, they still held similar values, shared the same pastimes, and enjoyed each other's brand of humor.

------------------------------------------

After weeks of visits to the café, the big day arrived – the moment when Levi and (f/n) would cross the line into a more personal relationship – although they themselves were still unaware. Gabi and Onyankopon had worked tirelessly to make it happen, even enlisting the assistance of (f/n)'s employees, who were actually quite eager to participate. They knew (f/n) was hopelessly crushing on Levi, and they were happy to push the couple in the right direction.

Thus, Gabi, Falco, and Levi set out for the café like any other morning. When the three of them entered, (f/n) was helping a customer at the counter. One of her employees stood next to her, and upon seeing Levi, the woman nudged (f/n) and gestured in their direction. (F/n) glanced up with wide eyes, only to quickly turn away again as a light blush dusted her cheeks.

Gabi exchanged a smug glance with Falco before wheeling Levi to the counter. The three of them placed their orders, and then they found a table off to the side. However, as soon as Levi was situated, Gabi and Falco took their pastries and headed out the door, claiming that they had to go shopping.