Ch. 27 - Closing ends

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, she had gotten up, retrieved Mason's spoon, and washed it on the sink.

"Such a brat," the witch breathed out.

"Excus-"

"So, I heard you stole a painting?" Saria asked, cutting Alice and saving us all from a more awkward situation.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Your little wolf kept bragging about it when we were back in the living room," Saria laughed, making Casey blush slightly. "You really went for the most expensive one?"

"You know what they say, go big or go home," I smiled at the girl's reaction. "By the way, is it still in your car, Avery?"

"Yeah, we should go get it later before the police come searching."

"Don't worry, if anything happens we'll deal with it," Saria assured him, and Alice scoffed.

"See? Why can't you be nice like your sister?" She pointed at Sinna.

"Oh, it reminds me," Mason asked, ignoring the two of the girls who were almost pouncing at each other. "If Renna is your witch mother, how come Salem is a lot older than you all?"

"Renna is only my and Sinna's witch mother. She found us and turned us at the same time, but since we are also biological sisters, she's still a year older than me," Saria explained. "Then there's Samantha, who's around half a century older, Serena, who's around 120 years older, and then Salem, who's..." She stopped, not sure about what she was about to say.

"We're actually not sure about her age, she's as old as dirt and that's all we know," Sinna finished.

"You should respect her more, you know? She isn't a grandwitch for no reason," Saria pointed, but Sinna just scoffed.

"Come on, she's so old she probably wouldn't hear me saying this stuff about her even if she was three inches away from me."

"Sinna-"

"She's so old she probably needs a whole century just to shift dimensions," she snickered as her sister warned her again.

"Sinna!"

"She's so old that if we placed a fan close to her, dust would fly all over the room." The witch was now laughing, ignoring Saria's words.

"Is that a portal opening up?" Alice asked, and both the sisters stopped and looked startled to where she was pointing, making the werewolf laugh. "Gotcha."

"You little brat, just wait until I get my hands on you!" Sinna was about to attack her, but Avery intervened with more conversation to save the girl's life, probably saying the first thing that came into his mind.

"Troian! Nice... huh... hair you've got there! So white and... white. Do all of you bleach your hair? Is it like a family thing and Hunter has it platinum cause she's edgy?"

"Nope, metas have natural hair like this. Hunt has platinum cause that's her family's color, but mine's white," the girl answered, more than pleased to avoid war from bursting. "Oh, look at the time! We better go get that painting now, right?"

We all nodded awkwardly, Saria holding her sister's wrist while Mason dragged Alice by the arm.

We all crossed the portal back to the dorm and went to where Avery's car was parked, but as it got into view so did the police vehicles.

Without missing a beat, Saria did some kind of masking spell and his car was now appearing to be a truck as the cars passed by.

"Do you think they saw you stealing it?" Avery asked, probably concerned that he could be tracked down.