Ch. 27 - Closing ends

We were all sitting and talking peacefully while we ate the delicious stew Troian had made. It was Saria's special recipe, and since the witch was feeling merciful, she agreed on shifting Alice back to normal so she could also eat.

"What was it like to go on missions to hunt other supernaturals? Was it like... creepy?" Mason asked, curious, and Troian and I exchanged eye contact.

"Sometimes it could be entertaining, but also creepy. Hey, remember that time when we went on that mission to find that big vampire who cosplayed as Dracula and was super dramatic?" Troian asked, nudging my arm, and I almost choked on my stew.

I could feel Casey instinctively rub my back, but I assured her I was fine before continuing.

"It took us days cause the guy refused to even get close to sunlight. We had to chase him into a cave," I said, cringing at the memory of what happened after that.

"And then we also found fifteen skeletons, not mentioning the rotten bodies," she finished.

"Sometimes things get rough like that. Vampires and rotten bodies, witches trying to kidnap children, werewolves running you over-"

Casey pinched my arm in annoyance.

"You run a girl over once and she never lets it go. So annoying." She pouted, but it soon disappeared when I kissed her cheek. "For real now, have you ever had trouble with werewolves?"

"I don't think we did," Troian answered, and when she smirked, I knew what was coming. "Except when that popular movie with werewolves and vampires came out."

"That was a doozy to us," I snickered at the memory. "We had to deal with vampires who were cosplaying and charging teenage girls so they'd bite them."

"And let's not forget the werewolves who were doing the same with their packs, but they'd charge them to pet the giant wolves." Troian was holding her laugh in, but she was starting to lose that battle.

"When we got into the place the wolves were, they just bolted through the door. I don't know if the scary part was the 6ft wolf running aimlessly or the teenage girls crying their eyes out because they didn't get to pet them." The both of us were now laughing so hard it started to sound weird.

The witches were also laughing, but the werewolves were not.

"Come on, it's at least a bit funny," Sinna teased, but her expression quickly turned from laughter to amusement. "Wait, you're all looking like you know too well about those events."

"We did it once, okay?!" Mason was the one to break first, getting a groan from the others. "We charged five bucks for them to pet Alice."

"Hey!" She slapped him a bit too hard, his spoon falling.

"Calm down, wolfy, there's no need to get all aggressive," Sinna mocked her behavior. "Now be a good girl and fetch your friend's spoon, please."

I guess we all had the same feeling that Sinna had some kind of grudge against Alice. Or she just thought the girl was fun to tease.

"Over my dead body," she stuck her tongue out.

"Darling, I guess we all know for a fact that you do not want the cat to get your tongue, so do as I say."

"Over.my.dead.body." Alice challenged, raising her voice.

But her tough expression didn't last long, not after the witch started to glow in a threatening way like she was radioactive.