The Bridge

"Are you afraid to die?"

NOVEMBER 7, 2038

HANK PUT HIS CAR IN PARK,
turning off the engine as he
got out. Y/N took in his surroundings, a pit in his stomach twisted, realizing where they were, one of Cole's favorite parks. Y/N opened the car door, following Hank to one of the benches, sitting down next to the older man. Connor sat in the backseat, watching as the two males sat down, opening a bottle of beers.

The two sat down in silence, drinking the rest if their beers before grabbing another one. Connor eventually got out of the car, making his way over to the cops. "Nice view." Connor quietly mumbled to the two somewhat drunk males. "Used to come here a lot before-." Hank cut himself off, taking another drink from his bottle. "A lot before what?" Connor asked Hank, tilting his head like a confused puppy. Y/N quickly mumbled shut up to the android, knowing full well that it would piss Hank off.

Hank mumbled out a small "Huh?" Turning towards a curious Connor.

"You said, 'I used to come here a lot before' before what?" Hank faced Connor, shaking his head in the process, finishing off his beer as he opened another one. "Before nothin'." Y/N eyed Connor, mouthing a small no, hoping that Connor got the hint and would leave the aggressive drunk man alone.

Connor made his way over to the bridge ledge, resting his elbows on the railing as he faced the two drunks. "May I ask you a personal question Lieutenant?" Hank scoffed, nudging Y/N's shoulder, injured shoulder for that matter. "You fucker." Y/N yelled, putting his bottle in his other hand so he could smack Hank. The drunk old man laughed, finishing off his last bottle, handing Y/N the last one from the case. "Do all androids ask so many personal questions, or is it just you?" Hank sighed, rubbing his tired eyes, "Fine, go ahead."

Connor cleared his throat, standing up straight. "I found a photo on your kitchen table, that's your son right?" Y/N internally smacked Connor in his gorgeous face. "Fuckin' dumbass." Y/N slightly cursed out, hoping the android heard. "Yeah...His name was Cole." Hank sadly spewed out, causing his head to fall down. Y/N glared daggers at Connor, hoping that he would stop asking such personal questions about Hank's tragic life.

Connor made his way back to the railing, looking down at the water as the rain turned to snow, falling on his soft brown hair. "We aren't making any progress in the investigation. The deviants have nothing in common, they're all different models, they all happened at different times. None of this makes sense." Connor banged his hand down on the metal, letting out a frustrated groan. "The only thing they have in common is their obsession with rA9. It's like they invented something that was never part of their original programming." Connor walked a little closer to the now drunk men, running his hand threw his damp snow covered hair.

"Are you saying robots invented a robot God to worship? Fuck, what is this world comin' to?" Hank slightly laughed at the ridiculousness of an android God. "Yeah, Robo Jesus kinda sounds a little ridiculous if you ask me." Y/N added on, laughing at god knows what, maybe it was the three bottles of alcohol finally catching up to him. "You're right, we arent even getting anywhere, we haven't caught one single. You had the shot Connor, why didn't you take it. Your gun was aimed on the girls, you said you'd do anything to complete your mission." Hank eventually stood up, making his way a little closer to Connor, basically interrogating the android.

"Are you okay Detective? You've seemed a little preoccupied since the Eden Club." Y/N let put a small sigh, finishing off the last of the alcohol from his bottle. "Those girls? They just wanted to be together, they were in love." The younger male shifted in his seat, wrapping his coat tighter around his cold body." Hank grunted in agreement, not taking his eyes off Connor.

"That's impossible, androids are machines, we don't feel anything, not even deviants." Connor spoke out harshly, avoiding eye contact with the two. Y/N noticed his sudden outburst, knowing that something like that wasn't part of his programming. "What about you? You sound human, look like too, but what are you really?" Hank stood taller, trying to make Connor budge.

"You know exactly what I am Lieutenant. I am a machine, nothing more, but I can be whatever you want me to be. A drinking buddy, your partner, or even someone to clean your house." Y/N stayed quiet as he watched the two taller males interrogated each other, not wanting to intervene, at least not yet. "You could've shot those two girls. Why didn't you shook Connor! Something enter your programming?" Hank's booming voice took Connor and Y/N by surprise, causing them to flinch.

Connors face had a look of worry, a look the two men heavily noticed. "I...I just decided not to shoot, that's all!" He yelled at the lieutenant, making eye contact with the detective that has been watching his movements the entire time. "Tell me Connor. Are you afraid to die?" Hank asked, drawing his gun and pointing it at Connors head, causing him and Y/N to go wide eyed.

"Hank! What the fuck are you doing? You can't shoot him!" Y/N stood up, grabbing Hank by the shoulder, trying to pull him away but the older man wouldn't budge. "Well are you?"

Connor looked at Y/N staring into his eyes as he answered. Y/N stared back at Connor, watching his LED turn yellow for a split second. "I would find it extremely difficult to be interrupted from this case."

"What would happen if I pulled this trigger? Nothing? Oblivion?" Hank scoffed, "Android heaven?" He cocked his gun, putting his finger fully on the trigger as the LED made its way back to yellow for a few seconds.

"I...I don't know." Connor let some of his walls down, presenting venerable to Y/N as Hank kept his hand firm on the gun. "Tell me this asshole, how do you know you aren't a deviant?" Connor let out a small gasp, shaking his head a little and furrowing his eyebrows. Hank scoffed once again, leaving the android and detective alone. "Where are you going old man?"

"To get drunker." Hank yelled, leaving the tipsy detective and android alone together.

Y/N sighed, turning towards Connor who was much closer than a few seconds ago. "Come on, his idea's not bad." Y/N stood up, almost falling in the process. He rested his hand on Connor's shoulder as a support as they walked down the busy Detroit streets.

{ September 27, 2021 }

Next chapter is just gonna be a filler. Just a fun little chapter of Connor and Y/N at the bar. Lmao