Cuddles that aren't Mine (jennie)

Start from the beginning

"Sorry for not getting back earlier. I was busy today." I said patting her head. She pouted when I got up heading for the kitchen. Hearing a dumpling following behind.

"You know what... I'll accept your apologies if you cuddle with me." She said with the cutest dumpling smile.

"Fine~ you know you always get what your want." I playfully roll my eyes getting the food she made me from the fridge and started heating it up.

With food in my stomach now and a clingy Jennie right besides me waiting for me to finish her food.

"So what happened?" I initiate putting the utensils down.

"What? I haven't said anything?" Jennie chuckles eyeing me.

"Your boyfriend called saying he didn't know where you were. And by the looks of it your trying to avoid him." I sigh putting the plate in the sink. "You know I don't like being disturbed while working."

"I'm sorry, I'll talk with him about that." Her smile fainted slowly into a cute pout. "I'll tell you everything when we cuddle, let's go." She extends her hand which I gladly took and leads me up the stairs where my room was.

She laid down on the bed turning on the TV waiting for me to change from my business clothes into something more comfortable.

When I exit my bathroom seeing Jennie already in a comfortable position. She pats the spot right next to her putting play on the movie she selected.

"So tell me what happened?" I softly spoke lending her my attention. She got close putting her head on my shoulder while she hugged me from the side. I wrapped my arms around her putting the blanket over us.

"We got into an argument again. I was just so done with him not trusting me. Can you believe it... he thought I was secretly hooking up with someone." She says annoyed already remembering what happened. "I kept my patients until he started talking about you and what you meant to me."

"What-" I was flabbergasted at the revelation.

"I was shocked too. He thought you and I had some type of relationship or feelings going on behind his back. He told me that I should stop seeing you in order to make our relationship work." She interlocks our hands while looking at me. "I just walked out of there not saying another word. I didn't know what to do. He was making me chose between him or you." She finally let out a shakey breath.

"But your still unable to chose." I stated looking at her eyes seeing tears threatening to fall. "You care about me but you love him don't you." I say pulling away enough to see her face.

"I don't want to lose you or end our friendship for some guy." Her tears were now falling.

We've made so many memories sense childhood. I can't see her hurting even if that means hiding my feeling away from her. She has a decision to make, either her relationship or friendship. That's all we'll ever be best friend. These cuddles aren't mine but his. He stole her heart and she's hurting because of him.

I give her a kiss on the forehead trying to ease her mind pulling her closer and softly humming a melody. Which in under five minutes she went to sleep.

○○○

I couldn't sleep last night, I got into the shower getting ready for the day. Jennie is still sleeping on the bed I didn't have the strength to wake her up.

After taking a shower i prepared us some breakfast. Which I took both plates up to my room. I'll admit it hurt when she couldn't decide between him or I but I have to deal with only being her best friend.

"Hey Jenduekie wake up." I spoke shaking her a bit.

"No~ I don't want to." She says turn over and covering her face with the blanket.