Ch. 5 - Indebted

What the hell went on at this school to cause such a high grade to appear? You thought, staring at it in horror.
It was incredibly large, nearly two hundred and thirteen centimeters (7 feet). Each of its teeth were sharpened into a strict point, its skin dark blue with veins that pulsed in a vibrant purple. It had no eyes with a lumpy, soft body. Quite honestly it looked like a giant, walking tumor or some sort of mutated caterpillar.

"Nobara, get back..." you stepped forward to separate her body from that of the curse which now displayed its fangs for all to see, opening wide as if it were ready to consume one of you.
Nobara listened quickly, staring at the being in horror.

You readied yourself, feeling the cursed energy soaring around your body. You channeled it into your forearms, feeling the energy course through your veins. This allowed two spears of your energy to form, sliding from your palms until the end was reached. You gripped the new weapons: created from your energy, two hilt-less katanas.
As the creature dove for your body, you used the weapons to slash at its mouth, giving it a sort of "joker" smile. It recoiled in pain for just a moment before diving for you again. This time you could only dodge out of the way as its speed nearly matched yours. Nobara had dashed out of the building, likely running for help...or at least you hoped.
You and the creature seemingly danced as the two of you sparred. Its mouth watered, full of spit, ready to garble you down if a clear opportunity ever presented itself. Throughout the challenge, you managed to get a few scrapes thanks to its crooked and sharp fangs. With the taste of your blood, the creature was almost insatiable as it targeted you.
Thanks to your lack of sleep you were slow with your response to the creature's movements. Grotesque little arms began to grow out of the creature's sides, reminiscent of No-Face from that one Ghibli film you saw a while back. Now with the capability to grab you, it didn't hesitate to do so especially as your reaction time had slowed down with fatigue.
The creature slightly chuckled in a deep, sloppy tone, a strange sign of intelligence, while it crushed you tightly with its veiny hands. Its fingernails were sharpened to a point just like its teeth, the black tips beginning to pierce your flesh as you felt several ribs begin to crack. Your face began to heat up as the pressure began to overwhelm your arteries. Your vision began to fog as you were being crushed to death and you could almost feel the tiny veins in your eyes begin to pop with the pressure. No way can I die like this..., you thought to yourself as you tried to writhe your body around to escape its grasp. The movement only hurt you more, the feeling of your broken bones somehow free floating about your organs. You tasted blood as it began to pool in your mouth, a sign that your stomach had been punctured.
From behind you, large flashes of red began to form. You tried your best to turn your neck to see the commotion only to find, through blurred vision, Gojo and the other students standing behind him with a look of horror across their faces.

"It would be in your best interest to let her go," Gojo said simply, holding a finger in the air with the red glow spinning about on it. He had a slick smile on his face as he stared toward the creature that held you. For a moment, it squeezed you tighter which caused you to cough, spitting out blood in the process. "Really, I mean it," Gojo repeated, the glowing ball on the tip of his finger continuing to grow.

The creature hesitantly dropped you to the ground where you were finally able to catch your breath. Your hands landed palm first on the ground as you wheezed back to life, blood from your mouth dropping on the tiled school floor. Your entire body ached and any sort of movement was excruciating. You could only lay still, pressing your cheek to the ground and closing your eyes as you felt yourself slipping in and out of consciousness.
Your body was suddenly dragged out of the way by Fushiguro as Gojo released the energy toward the creature despite it listening to his wishes. The creature flew back at full force, its goopy chest nearly exploding from the weight of the impact.
Feeling as though you were finally safe, at least from that creature, you allowed the unconsciousness to take you.