11 | Glad to be your friend

"Are your friends going to stay?" Shawn looks nervous when the rest of the team joins our table

"Are your friends going to stay?" Shawn looks nervous when the rest of the team joins our table. I didn't really think they would come over when I said that I was going out for dinner with a friend. They clearly didn't understand my message at all. "If you don't want them to stay then we can find another place. I can tell Leslie to meet us somewhere else."

He looks from me to the other guys that are now at our table. "Little man, do you want some fries?" Felix's arm is over Kennedy's shoulder while he pushes the fries to Shawn. He looks happy and excited that someone acknowledges him. "You don't mind, do you?" Felix shrugs his shoulders while pushing the fries further to him.

Shawn isn't used to being liked by people. He gets bullied in school because of how he looks. He is quite lean and on the tall side too. He doesn't have any muscles which is why he is training with me most of the time when I visit. He doesn't want to go to the gym alone because of being laughed at. That is why I try to visit him as often as I can.

"I would like to stay if you don't mind." He mumbles to me while staring at Felix and Kennedy. They are so in love with each other that it sometimes hurts to see them together. I am happy for them, especially for Felix who had a hard time falling in love, but it sucks sometimes. I want something like them but it is hard to find nowadays.

Most of the girls that like me don't want anything else. They just want to hook-up and use my name with their friends. I have gotten used to most of that when I became popular in college. I am still not glad that it is all that I will get out of relationships with girls.

Both my roommates, friends to be honest, have found that. They are now so in love with the girls of their lives. "I don't mind, Shawn. But remember that Leslie is going to come in a bit. Just so you know." Shawn is too busy talking with the guys to register my words.

He is finally happy with people surrounding him that actually like him. I am glad that the guys don't ask too many questions about why he is here. He probably doesn't want to tell them that he is here because he has no one else. He doesn't have any friends in school so he mostly texts me during his day.

It sometimes gets hard to know that he looks up at me. He relies on me because he wants to be just like me. I am scared that one day I might fail him. I try my best to keep contact with him but sometimes life gets busy. I have days where it is hard to text him back because I have classes and ice hockey taking over my life.

But he understands me.

"What do you like to do in your free time?" Amelia is sitting at Carson's lap while her head lays on his chest. "I like to paint and draw. That is why I am here actually." They all look confused at him because they don't know about Leslie. I haven't told anyone about Leslie because I haven't found the time for it.

My friends are too busy with their own lives too. Carson spends as much time as he can with Amelia. She is going to leave for a few months when she graduates to train more for the championships. They want to spend as much time together as they can because of being apart for a while soon.